Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
tell HER to add you on facebook... be like yeah me, 'john smith, ohio state' just about every random girl has facebook so this would be an easy way to get her name.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is prob best way if shes younger college aged girl. otherwise id have someone else call her and be like hey is jessica there? no? oh im sorry who is this? oh ok cool thanks, sorry to bother you. later!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i should also add that this makes you sound like a huge alcoholic. you might take out the last line or at least follow it with, "i'm kidding, i don't really have a drinking problem, but it was a rough night," or something.

that is, unless you do have a drinking problem, in which case you might as well just be honest with her up front.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

That last line is awesome and probably the best part of what you said! Except only as a joke, which is what it should sound like if you lose all the apologetic wimpy talk near the beginning. Definitely don't ever explain that you're joking unless it's clear she didn't get it.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

yugo trying to turn into a playa!

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you need to sound like a tough guy here. she was sober, you guys already made out, she had fun, etc. you just need to get her name. true, you could do it by one of the other ways, but sometimes just laying it out there honestly (yet subtly being funny/cute) is the best way to go.

now, if you're at a club and you meet a girl, tlak for a bit, then go to the bathroom and forget her name, this wont work. this is a different scenario though, and i've always found that once a girl has proven she has some interest, you don't need to play "the game," unless she starts to herself.

this also all depends on the delivery. if you are someone who sounds unconfident or might get caught up in your words, i recommend not trying to sarcastically say what i mentioned.

tc
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Have any of you dated or married or whatever with a girl who is significantly less intelligent than you?

How important is having comparable intelligence levels in a long term relationship?

For example, if your girlfriend was really nice to you, had a great personality, and was physically attractive, but she is not as smart as you, how would that impact things? Where does intelligence rank on the totem pole?

[/ QUOTE ]

i never have and i doubt i ever could. for casual dating it would be completely fine, but for a long ter relationship i think it works best to have two people with reasonably similar levels of intelligence.

for me personally, i'd rather have the girl be smarter than me than the other way around. i think this all fits in somewhere near the top of the list of what i would look for in a girl.

tc
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM

I think I'm one of the guys who would hate having a girl who was smarter than me
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm one of the guys who would hate having a girl who was smarter than me

[/ QUOTE ]
I think dating a girl that is smarter than me is so hot.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 PM

I would love to date a girl who is smarter than me. But it would be very difficult to find [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, with regards to my own situation, I totally love her now and everything is great. But I have learned that in life, planning and looking ahead is important. What will it be like if I marry her and it's two decades later?

I think the response is sort of mixed on this issue... how should I go about thinking about this intelligence thing?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the response is sort of mixed on this issue... how should I go about thinking about this intelligence thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could offer an intelligence test - offer her a free $2,000 and see if she takes it.

Or, more seriously, realise that there are no hard and fast rules in this area. If it works for you, it works for you. If you like her, great; if you don't, move on.

What other people makes them happy won't necessarily make you happy.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tell HER to add you on facebook... be like yeah me, 'john smith, ohio state' just about every random girl has facebook so this would be an easy way to get her name.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is prob best way if shes younger college aged girl. otherwise id have someone else call her and be like hey is jessica there? no? oh im sorry who is this? oh ok cool thanks, sorry to bother you. later!

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me of that bringing a girl a cup of coffee thing... but most of the girls i know would never out their name to a stranger over the phone
Old 11-09-2007, 04:19 AM

update:

Texted her a message signing my name at the bottom hoping she would respond in a similar fashion today. A couple of hours later she sends back the following: "yes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. let's do it againu."

I Think I'm going to go with the TC route; will give an update with results.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I have learned that in life, planning and looking ahead is important. What will it be like if I marry her and it's two decades later?

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you learn that it's important to take the next 20 years into consideration when you make a decision? I have learnt the complete opposite: [censored] the future, it's unpredictable, just worry about what happens in the next year or so.