Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Default 16: Blind steal with naked K

Villain is pretty tight. I'm baffled by his call pf. Could I play this any other way, fold the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t3405)
Hero (t2430)
BB (t3025)
UTG (t4640)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t500</font>, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t1000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: (t1000) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400.

River: (t1800) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t2125 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1530 (All-In).

Final Pot: t4860
Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 16: Blind steal with naked K

Its a neutral push pf if he is callling 15%, and if you think he is tight enough to have a range like 9% (66, ATo, A9s) then I would go ahead and jam pf.

As played you shouldnt be winning pf or on the flop, but on the turn I would think about a CRAI as you have 2k back with 1400 in the middle, but since his bet looks weakish I think its a WA/WB situation - he could have somehting like A5 here with you drawing pretty slim. Since you arent getting paid by a checkraise when you are winning, I dont mind the plan to check call the river.

I dont think you can fold the river here. You are beat by KJ,KQ,AK,A5,66 and maybe a really tricky KK/AA/JJ? None of the latter make sense when he is checking the flop behind. Based on his weak turn bet I think its a 5 or a hand you have crushed more often than not, but based on your 'Could I fold the river?' I speculate that you may have lost at showdown lol
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 PM

well i think you should have taken control of action on turn, bet 500 when king falls, as played you dont have any clue whats going on really, if he reraises turn i guess you can throw this against tight opponent. If he calls well its still tough, i think its foldable after he called bet on turn, but at least you have got some information, double check from preflop raiser makes anyone start betting with anything.
As played i don't think its foldable. You gave him feeling your empty and allin bet on river from him doesn't look inviting and strong to me.

Btw preflop push is pure +ev.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Yep I think pf shove is best. Brain fart.