Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: quick sat rebuy questions

[ QUOTE ]
-If you push and win you are going to have 74k and will make the money X% of the time.
-If you push and lose you will have 19k and will make the money Y% of the time.
-If you fold you will have 36k and you will make the money Z% of the time.

This assumes he always calls.

You will win 57% of the time so if:
.57x+.43y > z you should push.

If not you should fold.

You have to plug in your own X, Y, Z

For me X (getting to 74k) significantly increases your chance of winning and that makes this push worthwhile with 10 people left

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that and thanks for your posts in general. I find them very helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
I think getting to 74k makes you a near lock and that you still have almost 0 fold equity with 36k so the difference between 36k and 19k is not monumental.

I don't think that you are cashing without winning a hand if you have 36k but I think that you can do so with 74k

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I really have no fold equity either way, mainly because the big stack was getting involved in hands that he didn't need to be. But I really thought that I could EASILY make the payout by folding every hand due to the horrendous play on other tables (120k stacks getting involved with 80k stacks, etc) and the number of players with less chips than me.

I think the main difference between 36k and 19k is that I might be able to squeeze out an extra hand after folding my BB (if it gets back around to me and raised) and a chance to survive the SB post putting me all in. This is if the blinds don't escalate by the time they get back to me.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:47 PM

your stack is way strong enough to coast into a seat, just sit out all hands, even aces if you can easily make it without having to play anymore pots, if you are close to the bottom push them hard.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your stack is way strong enough to coast into a seat, just sit out all hands, even aces if you can easily make it without having to play anymore pots, if you are close to the bottom push them hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would defintely not fold aces at this point of the sat in this situation. picking up another set of blinds and antes will probably guarantee a seat, however just folding doesn't guarantee anything with the blinds so high. Hero will likely need to accumlate at least one more pot of chips. I would however fold unpaired cards in EP and probably MP as well. depends as always.