Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: New York Giants

<-----

I really can't believe how well this team is playing. I thought for sure this week they would win, but in far too close a fashion. Eli Manning concerns me, though - he hasn't had a good game in a few weeks. When we play a real opponent I hope he's back to Week 1 Eli.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe how well this team is playing. I thought for sure this week they would win, but in far too close a fashion. Eli Manning concerns me, though - he hasn't had a good game in a few weeks. When we play a real opponent I hope he's back to Week 1 Eli.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was certain this was a standard Giants squeak out a victory by 3 points with turning the ball over 4 times. This is the usual outcome of [censored] teams they should beat at home. Similar to the Texans game last year. Maybe this is a different Giants team.....
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 AM

Two things I saw at Football Outsiders...

First, this quote is awesome...

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Vasgersian:
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Giants' running game. While Tiki Barber sits on a couch every morning and talks about shoes and handbags with Ann Curry and Al Roker, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and Reuben Droughns are running wild."

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this article is a good one about the Giants d-line.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two things I saw at Football Outsiders...

First, this quote is awesome...

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Vasgersian:
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Giants' running game. While Tiki Barber sits on a couch every morning and talks about shoes and handbags with Ann Curry and Al Roker, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and Reuben Droughns are running wild."

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this article is a good one about the Giants d-line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent, excellent article. A must-read for any Giant fan. Thanks for posting the link.

I am so excited about the Giants right now. Eli looks great, and the defense is just filthy.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM

shows what i know - i didn't even notice the giants are doing this on passing downs.

awesome. it is nice for a d coordinator to actually utilize the giants' defensive strengths.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:02 AM

Kiwanuka on IR. Yuck.

Why did Kitna start talking ish post-game? Still dont understand that.

This team should be at least 11-5 by the end of December. Anything less is unacceptable, considering the schedule they have left.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 PM

The Giants are super-overrated. They've beat the pants off of weaker competition, but have been pwned by the Cowboys and Packers.

Only thing that keeps them from the playoffs is another meltdown. Coughlin should thank his lucky stars that the Giants will have a winning season and fare pretty well. It'll save his job.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Giants are super-overrated. They've beat the pants off of weaker competition, but have been pwned by the Cowboys and Packers.

Only thing that keeps them from the playoffs is another meltdown. Coughlin should thank his lucky stars that the Giants will have a winning season and fare pretty well. It'll save his job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. So they beat the teams that they were supposed to beat and lost to two teams that were better. How is that being "super-overrated"? Is it their fault that the rest of the NFC is abysmal?

I'm just trying to understand where all of this is coming from. I dont think the media has favored the Giants at any time this season over the top AFC teams, and they were downright critical of them coming into the game against the Cowboys a couple weeks ago. The Giants were all around dogs coming into the game and almost all the TV "experts" were picking the Cowboys. This is why I don't get all this talk about them being overrated.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True for the first two games of the season, but the Giants definitely gave the Cowboys a run for their money 2 weeks ago despite their many faults (esp. the secondary). Also don't forget that the Giants had a kick return for TD flagged for holding and a rushing TD flagged for holding. Both were unneccessary/silly pens which meant we could have had a much closer game.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM

The Giants are not overrated. Being overrated is not the same thing as not being as good a team as your record suggests. They are getting a lot of good press because the expectations for this season were soooo low, and they have greatly outperformed any reasonable predictions, especially after weeks 1 and 2.