Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: So I Called 911 Tonight...

Only called once. Was driving in the rain at like 2am and someone slid on an off ramp, took out the things full of water, across all the lanes of the highway and stalled out in the slow lane. Called, told them what happened, and if something serious had not happened yet there was a good chance it was about to.

Also called non emergency a couple times. But thats no fun and they always seem angry they dont get to do fun stuff..

Of course my roommate for like the last 4 years has been a cop. So generally I have no need to call the cops, or if there has been an issue around the house (had a few domestic issues in the street), generally he just calls dispatch and someone is over in a few min..
Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 AM

Probably four or five times, a few car crashes, some kid having a seizure in my gym class at college, here are the two best:

1) In Columbia, SC on I-20 and a naked guy runs out in front of my car (I think trying to kill himself). I swere around him (wasn't too close) and call 911. "There's a nake guy on I-20, I think he's trying to kill himself" "MMMM-hmmmm, hold on a minute, now, what's your name" . . . (I hate South Carolina).

2) Also in South Carolina on a friend's porch after MNF. WE're drinking beers and relaxing and notice that the guys loading a truck from the house next door are actually robbing the place (my school used it for storage). We gave them the old nod (like we didn't suspect anything) and then called 911. They didn't get there in time.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 AM

i called the cops twice

the first was to report that my car had been broken into. don't know why i even bothered filing a report.

second was to report my truck stolen. turned out i had been towed for something stupid and retarded and the cops laughed at me.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:05 AM

tl;dr

Only other time was in Las Vegas, when I heard shots fired outside my window. I lived in an apartment complex, and there was another complex across the fence from my window. I had no idea where the shots had come from. No people were visible from my vantage points.

911 operator was quite upset with me because I could not estimate what kind of gun had fired the shots, based upon what I had heard.

"Did it sound like a big gun?"

"I have no idea."

"Didn't you hear it? You said you heard it. What did it sound like?"

"WTF? 'Bang, bang.' That's what it sounded like."

The operator did not believe me when I told her that I had never heard a handgun being fired in person, only on tv. The only gun I ever personally heard was the M-16 I used in boot camp. I assured her that the gun I just heard did not sound anything like a fully automatic assault rifle.

She expressed her frustration with me (WTF?), and hung up.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 AM

Just called 911 last month. A SUV bumps me from behind at a stop light. Their SUV begins to smoke and catches fire. We get their two kids out and off to safety. Completely totals their SUV and there is barely any noticeable damage on mine. The amazing thing is the fire did no damage to my car and their engine was on fire right next to my trunk/bumper.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hearing all of this, the 911 chick went crazy. She insisted to know what was going on, and it was all I could do to convince her that two disasters had somehow been averted, and that everything was still fine. I finally got to hang up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds really unprofessional of her. There was a potential crisis, but operators shouldn't be getting all jittery at that apparent frequency. I'm surprised no one else has pointed this out - I must be missing something.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 AM

STOP SNITCHIN
Old 09-13-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a quickie with my gf & the phone dialed in my pocket. it went something like:

999: Hello, Hello!!
Me: *grunt grunt ugh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh*
999: HELLO HELLO, CAN YOU GET TO THE PHONE?!
Me: *grunt grunt ugh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh*

Then I figured out where the noise was coming from, took the phone out of my pocket & talked to the woman on the other end.. had to slow down the stride a bit but ultimately it got me off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sort of almost a threesome...

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah awesome
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 AM

I called twice. Not very interesting, so tl;dr

1) In school, across the street there was a park. One day in summer, I was reading a book there. In some parts of the park, there is drug dealing going on at night and during daytime, bums are drinking there. So this one day, I suddenly see one of them laying on the path that goes through the park. I had seen him before yelling at people so I knew he was the aggressive kind. Well, he wasn't wearing a shirt, and he wasn't really wearing his pants either. He had them stripped down to the knees. So I call the cops, telling them that there is someone passed out butt naked. They come like 10 minutes later. The guy has regained consciousness by now and is sitting on a bench. They take him away to sober up (no, they didn't arrest him. It's not a crime where I live to be drunk. It's a misdemeanor.)

2) A few weeks ago, in the middle of the night (3:30 am or so) a car alarm goes off and doesn't stop. It's actually one of the newer alarms that will stop every now and then for 10 minutes so that the thieves can think they shut it off, and then start all over again. I waited for a long time, I tried earpluggs, but nothing helped. So I called the cops at about 4:30 am. They don't really believe me at first (like they wanted me to wait for the owner). But I sound pretty unnerved and give pretty detailed description about the behaviour of that damn thing. Well, they agree to send someone. And when I hang up, the alarm stops. I'm like WTF! NO! I told the cops where I live and they gonna be pissed! Fortunately, at some point I decide to look out the window and I see the police car standing right in front of my house and just in that moment, the alarm goes off again. They needed to call a technician who opened the hood and cracked the alarm to get it silent. It took them until 5:20 am or so.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I've only called 911 once.

My wife and I were driving down the highway in the second to left lane (highway is maybe 6 lanes?). Conveniently, something like an ottoman or large sofa cushion had been deposited in our lane. I saw it in plenty of time to move over to the left-most lane.

As we passed it, I said something like, "I hope other people spot that early," while looking in my rearview mirror.

Right on cue, someone behind me was taken by surprise by the piece of furniture and swerved to avoid it. The driver did manage to dodge the object, but in attempting to get back on course, he lost control of the car. Suddenly, the car made a sharp 90 degree turn to the left and slammed into the cement partition that divides the highway. The hood of the car folded and the rear of the car jumped into the air.

We were too far ahead of the car already to safely stop on the highway and help out. I called 911 and the call was relatively uneventful.

[/ QUOTE ]
theres a SOFA-KING joke in here somewhere