Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Default KTs - SB

V: 47.8/19.7/total AF 0.80/flop AF 1.40 - 71 hands

0.15/0.30 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="grey">5 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="grey">Hero folds</font>.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

I decided to raise my hand to HU with this LAG. (If limper is quite tight then I only limp my KTs - weak or standard?)
Do u play guys this hand the same?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: KTs - SB

Fold turn?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 PM

I don't think this guy is too LAGgy with a postflop AF of 0.8. You have odds to call the flop, but you missed everything on the turn, so I give up and fold there.

For preflop, I raise this all the time. If the limper is loose, my handis often best and I want to be heads up. If the limper is tight, I want initiative heads up so that he'll fold to my c-bet.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 PM

This is typically a fold on the turn for me. I like your preflop raise by the way.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:40 PM

a fold on the turn is standard here
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Turny McFoldavich.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Ye i know that i dont have pot odds to call turn, but all 4 cards are so rag and my opponent is so looooose with 19,5 PFR so i put his limp rage at some random flush cards and predict that i can still lead with my K high.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Too loose call on that turn jack. You predict that your opponent would limp with rags, the board turns rag and he raise the flop? Sounds like a fold with K high in a 5 BB pot or?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Turn C/F
Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ye i know that i dont have pot odds to call turn, but all 4 cards are so rag and my opponent is so looooose with 19,5 PFR so i put his limp rage at some random flush cards and predict that i can still lead with my K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

your opponent plays almost half his cards and of hands he limps this flop and/or turn can very easily 'hit' him and give him AT LEAST a pair. You dont really have the odds to call the turn bet and additionally you are drawing to a pair and that pair will not always been good. Overvaluing 6 pair outs is something to be careful about.

fold the turn and look for a better chance to win his money. preflop and flop I like BTW.