Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: is this a leak,i red often this is a call to hit big when in BB

i call ths preflop if even one other person had called, i wouldnt call hu here vs even a button raise. ur equity against his range isnt worth the call straight up preflop getting these odds (3:1) plus u have to figure in the high rake at these limits, and ur implied odds later in the hand arent that great since u wont know where u are most hands making one pair (which will happen far more than u hitting somethin better) and ur out of posiiton which is huge.

that said since u called preflop anyone who folds this flop has a leak, villain bets 100% of his hands here alot of whcih are unpaired so u have to call getting 5:1

I also think the turn is a call vs most villains and a fold on the river UI. AK AQ even AJ hi bet this turn quite a bit value betting against a flush or straight draw or worse A hi or trying to fold a weak pair, and the hand plays easier for them that way then if they ck behind and always call or always fold to a river bet. I could be wrong math wise on that part tho i havent stoved any numbers to determine our equity, its probably pretty marginal.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Mont, if UTG raises and 3 people come along then yes calling for just one more with suited crap isn't bad, but with just one guy in you have no overlay to make up for the times you have to fold this on the flop.

There is a chance this guy is raising with overcards but unless you've seen him find a fold this is just going to be an expensive 2nd best hand.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
inferioir but possibly good hands

[/ QUOTE ]

*sshshk* Houston, we have a probleem *sshkk*
Old 06-24-2007, 06:32 PM

:g:

With a bunch of CCs a call is fine (sweet), but with only UTG raising... what range do you put a tight raiser UTG on?
Hint its not Axs. And you're not going to be paied off enough if you end up drawing to something.

Flop, you're either WB or barely ahead... if UTG is clueless, you can raise I guess to see if he has AX. But his stants doesnt indicate that so, really, just fold or call and open fold the turn.

d
Old 06-24-2007, 06:34 PM

preflop is just really bad.

checkraise the flop.

god the turn.. wtf
Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is just really bad.

checkraise the flop.

god the turn.. wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Buck are you back and playing again ? Or have I just been away for too long to know.

Still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your avatar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm not really looking to fold after we've hit post flop. Just based on PT stats I think villian may be overaggro, I might just c/c all streets.

But I think preflop call is defnitely wrong, you aren't going to hit that often, and even when you do hit (like this hand), it is going to be difficult and marginal to play postflop.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 PM

ok

btw same answer if its 9Ts???
i wonder where people here we should strat considering calling 87s?
or just forget your in BB and just play normally as if u were on the button when heads up?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok

i wonder where people here we should strat considering calling 87s?
or just forget your in BB and just play normally as if u were on the button when heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on what you think the range your opponent has. If he is very loose and wild then you sure you could call HU in the big blind with weaker hands. But if a very tight guy opens UTG probably has QQ/KK/AA or AK, so it is not going to be profitable to play as many hands. Someone that is 13/12 is likely opening a wider range, so likely you can defend more hands, but your question is which ones. I'm not good enough to really give you an answer, but if you have a hand like 87s, you are going to still be missing a lot of flops, you could potentially be up against an overpair when you hit, and you will be playing out of position against an aggressive player.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. But if someone holds a gun to my head, I'd much rather have T9s than 32s:

1. T9s has a much better chance of making top or at least middle pair, while by definition if you pair up with 32s, it's going to be bottom pair.

2. T9s makes four straights, three of which are the nuts. 32s makes two straights, one of which is the nuts.

3. T9s makes, at worst, the fifth-nut flush. Any flush with 32s will be the worst possible flush.

4. Ten-high is, if my arithmetic is correct, more than three times better than three-high, LDO.