Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/29 - spoilers possible)

[ QUOTE ]
So those loose players can take stabs at that board with crap but jman couldn't try a simple cbet with QQ? Okay so the sample size is too small obviously but when you get only a few hours to play at least loosen up a bit and be a bit more aggressive against known donks with your good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know why the live players cant understand that Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is not a good hand on a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board
Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as your comment regarding T,7 in general as a c-betting hand, I'm not sure where you're going with it. Let's say your flop was K,6,5 rainbow. Would you rather c-bet T,7 or QQ in that case? Based on your comments above, I'm going to guess you would rather c-bet QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i would have c-bet the QQ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my example T,7 benefits more from c-betting than QQ so you lose sir.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as your comment regarding T,7 in general as a c-betting hand, I'm not sure where you're going with it. Let's say your flop was K,6,5 rainbow. Would you rather c-bet T,7 or QQ in that case? Based on your comments above, I'm going to guess you would rather c-bet QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i would have c-bet the QQ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my example T,7 benefits more from c-betting than QQ so you lose sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but would you have mucked it after its the winning hand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results oriented much? If one of the other two had had a king or whatever, you'd probably be posting about what a great read Jman made.

Jman folded in a marginal situation, that's the only thing you can say about that hand. As it turned out it was the wrong move, but it could have been right. It wasn't mathematically guaranteed to lose like a bunch of the plays the others have made (Farha's pf call with K7 vs Hellmuth, Gold's raise and subsequent checkdown vs Farha with bottom pair with 3 players yet to act behind him, etc etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

no you're comment is results based.

when the flop comes down.. yes it's not a guarantee that you have the best hand. but, you may just.

the check on the flop was totally ridiculous. how can you disagree.

you built a 22k pot... a bet of 15 to 20 k is appropriate here. if you're called.. the way jman played the turn is much more acceptable.

once he checked the turn and farha bet 16k on the turn... how can you fold to that. do you simply run away from your hand unless you're holding the nut hand. is that what you call poker? hell, if you can be successful playing so "clench your butt cheeks" tight. and never risk a chip then maybe i should join all of you.

so... as i said before... he should have bet the flop. when he didn't calling the turn is the best option.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So those loose players can take stabs at that board with crap but jman couldn't try a simple cbet with QQ? Okay so the sample size is too small obviously but when you get only a few hours to play at least loosen up a bit and be a bit more aggressive against known donks with your good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know why the live players cant understand that Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is not a good hand on a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know why you ineternit players can one post say that you'd love to get in a hand with farha then when your hero dumps a solid hand against him fearing that he is beat suddenly farha deserves to be folded to. make up your mind.

obviously .. the only flop he can bet is one below a q and one that wouldn't be suited or connected. obviously... all of us live donks have noted this. scary flop = don't bet. fold to any bet. gotcha

you play after the flop .. you play after the flop.

don't you get this?

or is poker really just a lottery. seems the internit game is about only making safe plays.
it's funny though.. i see so many posts around here about complex situations where you actually put opponents on "ranges" ... and you bet. and you try to figure out what your opponents raise might mean. do you remember ever seeing these sorts of posts? yet jman releasing on the turn seems to be viewed as the right play. seems a little fishy to me.

who comes across as less skilled here.. you or i?

i'd say you do.

i agree that the suited k high board is a scary board. by checking the flop you make it even scarier.

he claims in his trip report that he brought 200+ k for the 100k game. if he calls sammy and sammy pushes on the river.. if he chooses to fold why not just put the other 100k on the table.

both he and all his fans on this board believed he could outplay all the live donks... so what's the problem.

i'm sure he'd play differently against lesser opponents. that's why some say that he played like a scared doe in headlights.

do you think sammy checks that flop? DN .. do you think he checks that flop?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM

lol JDesab you crack me up, you must feel like you are talking to the wall though
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM

JDesab how many hands of poker hand you played in your life?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:33 PM

i've played 5 nights a week for 2 years.

i've played a lot.

folding this hand is not playing. it's avoiding.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Eh. This is the last post I'm going to make in this thread.

FWIW I agree that Jman made bad TV. I also agree with you that the right thing to do was call the turn. But really the error (if in fact one was made) is extremely small. It pales into insignificance beside the errors that are made like 10 times an episode by other players.

So why are you making such a fuss over it? Because in your world, the worst sin a player can commit is to be too tight. Farha can do completely spastic things like make that K7o call and you just respond by spouting meaningless cliches about how he "has gamble" and is a great player who would run over us stupid internits. But show a player making a few preflop folds and a nitty postflop fold and he's "scared", "outclassed", "uncomfortable" and 800 other pejoratives that have nothing to do with who makes the most correct plays. You're one of those players who is convinced that poker has nothing to do with maths, which is why you're incapable of beating internits at any reasonable level.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jman folded in a marginal situation, that's the only thing you can say about that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash Einstein, the marginal situations are the ones that separate winners from losers. Or more appropriately in this situation getting a seat on day 3 or not getting a seat by playing scared, nittish, absolutely silent and non-entertaining poker.

I hope that explains marginal situations for you

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much completely wrong