Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread

So basically they are in worse shape entering last season, as theres still no certainty at QB at all, another new coach as Mularkey got the hell out of there bringin in Dick Jauron (meh?)...

...they have a RB who doesnt want to play with them

...lost there #1 reciever who granted was aging for a 5th round pick

...had a disastrous draft passing on Leinart etc to take a stretch with Whitner, then making it worse taking another stretch with McGargo

...There Oline decisions look like there just throwing everyone against a wall in hopes one sticks

...Spikes is still recovering from the Achilles injury

...Evans has a sparined shoulder already

...the only bright spot being Everett is coming back and his was a highly hyped TE, and the focus on whether or not Price will return to form.

Please someone make it hopeful for me, as Im returning to Buffalo and will be at a majority of the games (drunk in a suite) so it wont be so bad, but is 4-12 and stretch this year

GG
Old 08-04-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread

Looking at your schedule I think 5 wins is do-able. Losman obviously needs to step up. But you do have McGahee, with him out there getting 20 touches a game, 5-6 wins can happen.

You will still probably finish behind the Jets who should get 6 wins.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at your schedule I think 5 wins is do-able. Losman obviously needs to step up. But you do have McGahee, with him out there getting 25 touches a game, 5-6 wins can happen.

You will still probably finish behind the Jets who should get 6 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know McGahees contract situation, but Im don't feel too much effort coming out of him....I believe he wants out of the cold (lil bitch) or so Ive heard.

But seriously Im hoping for the love of God everything clicks with all the changes and we have a Sabresesque run
Old 08-04-2006, 01:07 PM

I actually am in a much better mood about this team than I thought I would be, I never realized just how badly the team hated Mularkey.

I honestly think they've improved a little at every position for this year, and the added team continuity can only help.

QB - From all reports, Losman is much more composed and has matured alot since last year. I think he will get the first chance this year. Obviously, the weak point of the team, and I'm sure it will be addressed next year. If Nall was healthy, I would be a bit more optimistic.

RB - McGahee sounds like a man on a mission, dropped a few pounds and is said to be quicker. Lionel Gates and the A-Train are also impressing, this position is upgraded.

FB - Signing Ricard can only help to push Shelton, and hopefully make them play better.

WR - Losing Moulds hurts, but losing his selfishness helps the team atmosphere. Evans' injury was deemed "minor" by Jauron, and I think they are just playing it extra cautious. I'm not worried at all, I think he'll have a fine season. Peerless sounds motivated from the interviews I read, and Aiken and Reed are getting better. The man to watch is Roscoe Parrish. He's got some unreal quickness, he'll be on the highlights alot this year.

TE - Royal and Everett make this position a nice upgrade, both seem to be fitting into the new offense nicely. I think they will definitely be used alot more than the scrubs from last year.

OL - Jason Peters is on his way to being a star at tackle. I'm not sold on the new guys just yet, but they can't be worse than Bennie Anderson. They are getting pushed from behind by the younger guys, I think this is a key improvement for this season.

DL - Tripplett and McCargo have impressed me so far with the way they can move. I'm not a big fan of the DE's on the team with the exception of Schobel. I'm not sure how much of a pass rush they will be able to generate this year.

LB - Obviously, a healthy Spikes, and Crowell over Posey are huge for this team. They may have one of the best sets of linebackers in the NFL. Spikes looks good, moving well, and they aren't rushing him. I can't wait.

DB - Screw Whitner. Disappointment of camp so far. I think Clements has a rebound year, and McGee will continue his rise. Look out for Jabari Greer, he's becoming quite the playmaker in camp. I like the CB's, not as excited about the safetys.

ST - Special teams was #1 last year, and I don't see any reason why it would change this year. Same guys, same coach. Looking good.

I think this team is good for 7-9 this year, and making a couple others really close. The attitude of the team is awesome this year, and I expect them to be one of the fastest teams in the league. You will be able to outmuscle them however. If Spikes and Crowell can stop the run, I think the defense is in the upper half.

If only they had a quarterback. Sighhhhh.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually am in a much better mood about this team than I thought I would be, I never realized just how badly the team hated Mularkey.

I honestly think they've improved a little at every position for this year, and the added team continuity can only help.

QB - From all reports, Losman is much more composed and has matured alot since last year. I think he will get the first chance this year. Obviously, the weak point of the team, and I'm sure it will be addressed next year. If Nall was healthy, I would be a bit more optimistic.

RB - McGahee sounds like a man on a mission, dropped a few pounds and is said to be quicker. Lionel Gates and the A-Train are also impressing, this position is upgraded.

FB - Signing Ricard can only help to push Shelton, and hopefully make them play better.

WR - Losing Moulds hurts, but losing his selfishness helps the team atmosphere. Evans' injury was deemed "minor" by Jauron, and I think they are just playing it extra cautious. I'm not worried at all, I think he'll have a fine season. Peerless sounds motivated from the interviews I read, and Aiken and Reed are getting better. The man to watch is Roscoe Parrish. He's got some unreal quickness, he'll be on the highlights alot this year.

TE - Royal and Everett make this position a nice upgrade, both seem to be fitting into the new offense nicely. I think they will definitely be used alot more than the scrubs from last year.

OL - Jason Peters is on his way to being a star at tackle. I'm not sold on the new guys just yet, but they can't be worse than Bennie Anderson. They are getting pushed from behind by the younger guys, I think this is a key improvement for this season.

DL - Tripplett and McCargo have impressed me so far with the way they can move. I'm not a big fan of the DE's on the team with the exception of Schobel. I'm not sure how much of a pass rush they will be able to generate this year.

LB - Obviously, a healthy Spikes, and Crowell over Posey are huge for this team. They may have one of the best sets of linebackers in the NFL. Spikes looks good, moving well, and they aren't rushing him. I can't wait.

DB - Screw Whitner. Disappointment of camp so far. I think Clements has a rebound year, and McGee will continue his rise. Look out for Jabari Greer, he's becoming quite the playmaker in camp. I like the CB's, not as excited about the safetys.

ST - Special teams was #1 last year, and I don't see any reason why it would change this year. Same guys, same coach. Looking good.

I think this team is good for 7-9 this year, and making a couple others really close. The attitude of the team is awesome this year, and I expect them to be one of the fastest teams in the league. You will be able to outmuscle them however. If Spikes and Crowell can stop the run, I think the defense is in the upper half.

If only they had a quarterback. Sighhhhh.

[/ QUOTE ]

great analysis! I'm one of the few that thinks Losman has real potential. It was his FIRST year really playing last year, guys, give him a break...not every young QB can come out of the gates like Ben Roth. He's got the arm and the smarts and all the tools to be great. I only hope the bills give him that chance. Look at Aikman or Bradshaw or any other great QB from the past...almost all struggled early except Rothlisbuger and Brady.

I'm really looking forward to Clements having an all-pro year, the LBs being absoultely fantastic, and the recievers really stepping it up.

I do think 7-9 is a real possibility and, if we get some lucky breaks and/or the machine starts clicking early....who knows?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:45 PM

Losman should not have been a first round pick to begin with. Yes Aikman and Bradshaw and other great QBs struggled early on but Losman does not have the potential to turn into an excellent NFL QB.

Donte Whitner and the Buffalo Bills are still $1.1 million apart, this situation is turning into a jopke.

I do like both the Ricard and Royal signings, McGahee should benefit the most from these additions.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM

Psycho,
a lot of people on the Bills boards are saying the same things. I agree with some of it but much of it is also kool-aid drinking IMO.

Coaching - I just don't think Mularkey was nearly as bad as everyone says. His gameday decisions/instincts for the most part were pretty good, or better than Greg Williams' anyway. As much as our offense sucked last year, they scored on the opening possession of almost every game. To me that's not an indication of a staff that wasn't prepared or didn't have a decent gameplan - they just didn't have any talent to sustain anything for 60 minutes.
Not being all that familiar with the Bears situation I don't have a strong opinion either way on Juaron, so we'll see.

QB - I agree that Losman will be better this year. Of course that's not saying a lot; he has to be better by a mile.

RB - I agree that McGahee will have a better year. I've heard the same reports that he's trimmed down and ready to go. I also agree with Gamble that he's a punk who'd probably rather play somewhere else (wish I could change my 2+2 S/N [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

WR - depth doesn't look too bad, but I have no hard feelings towards Moulds. The guy played with crappy QB's his entire career and did a lot less bitching than most star WR's would've. I doubt he was much of a cancer the Miami game incident not withstanding; but if I'm wrong then that's a plus.

TE - Unlike McGahee I haven't heard good things about Everett in camp. So we'll see, this position might be a C- this year instead of a D+, but I doubt it will result in any tangible positive result. Same for the FB position.

OL - maybe a slight upgrade, but who knows. Every time we take other team's castoffs like Anderson/Gandy last year we always say "they have to better than what we had before" and frequently they're not. Hopefully Reyes & Fowler reverse this trend, but it's hard to predict.

DL - I agree the DE's suck outside of Schobel. DT I really don't know; Triplett is fine but when he's the only proven guy it could be a problem, or even a disaster if he gets hurt.

LB - I haven't heard as many good things as you about Spikes. If he can come back at even 90% that's huge; if he a shell of himself circa Sam Cowart it's a huge setback though.

DB - Solid all the way around. I agree Clements will be better than last year (he has to be), McGee rules, I think Whitner will be a player reach or not. Good depth.

ST - Should be in good hands with April and McGee.

The good news is almost every home game on the schedule is winnable: Minn, GB, Tenn, NYJ, and it will be cold for Jax/SD/Miami late in the year. We may not be favored to win a single road game however. I predict 5-11 again but wouldn't be shocked by 3-13 or 7-9.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losman should not have been a first round pick to begin with. Yes Aikman and Bradshaw and other great QBs struggled early on but Losman does not have the potential to turn into an excellent NFL QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have a different definition of 'potential' but I inteperate it as having the necessary phsyical attributes to play at a high level in the NFL. I'm not terribly optimistic about JP but he clearly has the arm and the athleticism.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have a different definition of 'potential' but I inteperate it as having the necessary phsyical attributes to play at a high level in the NFL. I'm not terribly optimistic about JP but he clearly has the arm and the athleticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Rob Johnson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Rob Johnson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know so did Jeff George Ryan Leif and 100 other guys with cannon arms who sucked. Still, it is blatantly incorrect to say JP doesn't have potential IMO.