Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Aggresion Factor Question

Not sure if this is the right forum, but for PT users, how is aggresion factor calculated and what is the theoretical standard aggresion factor for a TAG player?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Aggresion Factor Question

(Raise % + Bet %)/(Call %)
TAG usually greater 2
Old 12-21-2006, 03:19 AM

Okay, so I started a new PT database this morning and I'm examining particular areas of my game for 5,000 hands at 2/4 NL. First day:

932 Hands
VPIP of 17%
PFR of 9.5%

VPIP a little lower than mine normally is for 6max, but this due mainly to my last session where I picked up a few monsters and a lot of nothing.

Now, my AF is one area I'm trying to work on. Here are the numbers:

Flop AF: 2.47
Turn AF: 2.64
River AF: 7
Total AF: 3.06

Incidently, I had a pretty darn good day, winning just over $1100 for a BB/100 of almost 15. Obviously, very small sample, but we're in the theory forum so lets theorize that these numbers were accumulated over a sizeable number of hands. Do they seem possible? Do they seem like I'm winning more than a reasonable number of bluffs? It's not like I had the nuts 7 out of 8 times on the river.

Also, I just want to open this thread up to any thoughts or suggestions on agression factor. It's a stat that I obviously don't have a very good grasp on, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:37 AM

remember that AF doesn't account for checking and folding. so AF 7 =/= nuts 7 of 8 times
Old 12-21-2006, 12:46 PM

Your Total Aggression is perfectly fine if this were over a large sample size. Even at small sessions my AF doesnt drop below 2.00 and rarely goes above 5.00 unless I've just been getting lots of great hands in a shorty period of time or am up against a table of nits (very rare since I only play 10NL). For 6max Vpip of a typical tag is usually somewhere between 20-25% and PFR is around 15-20.
Hope that helps. There is a great Poker Tracker post by Pokey somewhere in the microstakes faq.