Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM

Default BlackJack Statistics Question

Two-Part Question:

1. Assuming a one deck shoe and perfect knowledge of the dealer's hole card what is your advantage?

2. Same question, only this time you must play reasonably. In other words, you can't hit 18 and 19 against a dealer's 20, etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: BlackJack Statistics Question

Perfect knowledge of the dealers hole card can only be achieved by either marking cards, a dealer intentionally exposing, or an incompetent dealer being spooked.

If you had perfect knowledge, as in question 1, and attempted to play strategy 2 as camouflage -- I believe you would have about 4%.

Whatever you're thinking -- don't try it. You will be found, and it won't be pretty. Your sessions have to be too short -- you always have to play your willing (or unwitting) accomplice, your stakes have to be too high to make the short sessions profitable (which draws attention) -- and even if you're loser, most clubs will prosecute.

Unless, of course, your question was rhetorical -- then, my apologies.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 AM

i did this against some people at my school when we were in spain by using marked cards. this was like 7 years ago, so i dont really remember a lot, but i remember the first session they stopped playing because they felt bad for me because I WAS GETTING CRUSHED and was down like 10 bets. and i wasnt even being smart about disguising my cheating either--i was doing it POTRIPPER style and i still couldnt win. im pretty sure that eventually over the course of the trip i finished up, but we were betting like 100 pesetas or something so it was like betting quarters. anyway, in summary and conclusion, the advantage if you are trying not to be obvious seems very marginal to me. but why dont you just take a deck of cards and run 100 trials to get and idea. take you ten minutes.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 AM

My question was theoretical. Do you know what the advantage would be with perfect knowledge playing a perfect game?