Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
breaking news: Bulletproof "I am Payup" Monk is eskimo sickness' gimmick account

requesting mod of whatever forum he posts in for ban(s)

[/ QUOTE ]

i need to see links before banning

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so apparently PAYUP is mentioned in a few threads but i don't even see one hand posted here?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else considered that Seif may be a victim in all of this if he's down as much as he claims on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop. They are friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously my post is pure speculation. But, you've never had a "friend" that turns out to be a huge stinking bad apple? Friends rob other friends blind all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I never heard about any PT logs of him getting beat up on by GRAYCAT or DOUBLEDRAG... it would be VERY interesting if it turned out that he never played against the cheaters but played in the same games as them.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat,

Beers/dinner on me whenever in ATL LMK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you might want to do some research before you promise something like this "whenever." Not that it's not a great gesture, just that it could get rather expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) there isnt a restaurant in ATL i cant afford to pay for dinner at comfortably

b) i saide WHENever not WHEREever

[/ QUOTE ]

He lives in Atlanta. WHENever is everyday. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh i know that i meant like whenever is convenient for him to go not like every time he's hungry
Old 10-19-2007, 12:14 PM

I find it impossible to comprehend how so many forums/affiliates have either ignored this whole scandal or still know nothing about!

I spent an hour or so this morning cruising all the forums in my database to find out that only a handful have posted any part of this story. Most don't have anything posted at all and most are still flying Absolute's banners.

What does it take for these people to recognize when something huge is impacting their little world?

There must be hundreds, no, thousands of recreational poker players floating around out there with no clue that their hard earned money is sitting in AP's account and they will probably never see a dime of it.

Most of these recreational players belong to one or two "favorite" forums and unless (until) they read something in them, they will be blissfully ignorant to what's happening in the world.

To all you forum owners, admins, mods, affiliates:
Come on folks, get your heads out of the sand or crawl out from under your rock and warn your players/members about this. Just maybe, some of these poor souls will be able to salvage their bankrolls before it's too late.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New dramabomb plz....thread getting old

[/ QUOTE ]

just my opinion, I think it would be wise for Adanthar/Nat to withhold a certain amount of info from the public for the time being until absolute releases their statement. Holding some information back that absolute *would* find if they do a thorough audit can be used as a check to make sure they aren't just admitting to what is made public. Then we can know that they really looked into it, and didn't just admit to what they *had* to.

Though personally regardless of what they admit, I wouldn't trust this company with any appreciable sum of money. Barring a complete upheaval of management, AP has proven that they will go to any depth of public deceit to cover their asses. I know it's Costa Rica and some of it is to be expected, but how far they stonewalled in the face of such damning evidence is ridiculous. I really hope either through our government or the voluntary agreement of certain poker sites that we have some form of watchdog independent regulation of the industry. We can only hope.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM

after talking to durron I'm gonna put payup/discussion about him on hold for a while while we sort this out. it doesn't matter right now anyway, since either he's frozen or he isn't.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it would be VERY interesting if it turned out that he never played against the cheaters but played in the same games as them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how this is interesting at all. I don't think cheating their own spokesperson was part of the plan.

Edit: Whether or not he knew STEAMROLLER and the rest were AP Staff accounts is another story though.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New dramabomb plz....thread getting old

[/ QUOTE ]

just my opinion, I think it would be wise for Adanthar/Nat to withhold a certain amount of info from the public for the time being until absolute releases their statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, we have a ton of stuff we aren't releasing (yet). Go look at Nat's posts last night, they should be illuminative.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Ok guys don't let Seif off so easily. Big games surrounded around him. He played so bad as if he knew he was getting it back. His crappy play could very likely be used as bait to draw in high stakes player so they could fleece them.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 PM

major upswong for 2+2 traffic
Closed Thread