Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $30.65
CO: $13.20
BTN: $27.15
SB: $25.45
Hero (BB): $24.65
UTG: $27.95

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.65</font>, MP calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($5.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $11</font>, Hero calls $7.50

River: ($27.40) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $11</font>, Hero ???

I probably should have led flop here, but whatever. As played?

Looking for a complete line here.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: TT on 444 board

Preflop is fine.

I like betting the flop about 3.75. We don't have to worry about betting sizes for draws that much, as this is an extreme version of a WA/WB situation, and it's impossible he's on a draw. I think that JJ and QQ raise you if you bet, while KK, AA, 99, 88, 77 and the random 4 flat call.

Betting the turn is fine. When you flat call his reraise, then check the river A, your hand is basically face up (i'd put you on 99-JJ). If you had a 4, AA, or KK, you're leading this river 100% of the time. By the way, the A means nothing to me; no way either of you has an A/anything other than an A, and AA already had you beaten before he made the better full house.

I don't know if he's trying to push you off a better hand with his small river bet, but don't you think he'd bet more with a marginal bluffing hand like 99 (he also didn't go all in, making this bluff more unlikely) This smells of a hand that has you beaten that's begging for a call. I fold
Old 11-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I'd definitely bet flop here.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Preflop is meh. Why check the flop after 3betting pre?

The whole point of 3betting preflop with a marginal hand OOP is to take the pot down preflop or to build a nice sized pot to take down on the flop with another bullet. Thats about the best flop you can hope for that doesn't have a T in it.

turn lead is OK - but 3bet him all in while you are likely still ahead or seeing as that 8 has hardly helped him fold if you think there's a good shout he has JJ+ here (if your read of his 3bet calling range is AK/JJ+)- if you don't go broke here to JJ+ you are losing tons of value I think and it makes the river decision tough when an overcard hits as we have so much invested and are pretty potstuck.

River is a fold cos AK/Q which tried bluff raising you on the turn just zoomed past - tho those odds are sweet so villain depending I'd consider a crying call. We beat very little aside from a bluff tho and in a vacuum with no reads/recent table history villains line here is very strong.

thats hardly a "small" river bet as it puts hero all-in.