Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: 99 raise or shove?

I agree with dunk..too many of you are advocating checking for set value because it's the "safe" play but I also feel that it is so much worse than shoving that it's a BAD play. None of you advocating checking are giving any numbers, and Dunk's analysis is pretty much spot on - you're crushing their ranges so even if called you're probably a favorite, and despite that a shove here usually just takes down this already large pot without a showdown, getting chips EVERY time is much better then getting chips only the very few times you flop a set...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM

I HATE 99 and go broke with 9s and 10s more than any hand I think so take it for what it's worth.

That said... I'm shoving here. So much dead money in there and me a coin flip when someone calls... I'm drooling at getting it all in here...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 PM

Shove Shove Shove

Unless you have a read that the MP2 constantly limps big hands then check. But shoving here is so standard. There's 6600 in blinds alone (antes prob make it more like 8000) so shoving is ez

You'll probs get called by alot worse hands than you think. You'll get called by a bunch of lower PP assuming you're trying to steal the pot and even some broadway hands. At this stage in the tourney you HAVE to attack the dead chips and limpers. This is a very easy (and +EV) way to build your stack, and shoving hands like KQs and 77 is perfectly fine here too