Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 PM

Default AA vs QQ, running it twice

AA vs. QQ what's better: running it twice or not?

i would come out ahead 85% running it twice vs. 81% running it once. cause of the chop factor. choping means not loosing. so i loose less chop more. what ever post i don't lose i chop. so i still get half my money back on pots i would have lost to a suck out. being 8% suck out. i get 4% back. so 81% becomes 85% or 85 pots of 100 instead of 81. still ahead by 4 pots.

Right?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: AA vs QQ, running it twice

running it twice is exactly the same EV, search for other threads on this issue.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Leveled?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 AM

just run it 6 times and be done with it
Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 AM

What do you mean by "better". Basically, from an EV standpoint, it doesn't matter.

You could theoretically run it one billtion times. Then AA would end up with 81% of the pot and QQ would get 19% of the pot.

I was in a home game where this happened. Two guys ended up all-in pf with AA vs KK and the pot was around $4000. They didn't run any cards and agreed to chop it 80/20.

So in general, running it once is gambling, running it twice is less gambling, running it one billion times is splitting up according to percentages and is zero gambling.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by "better". Basically, from an EV standpoint, it doesn't matter.

You could theoretically run it one billtion times. Then AA would end up with 81% of the pot and QQ would get 19% of the pot.

I was in a home game where this happened. Two guys ended up all-in pf with AA vs KK and the pot was around $4000. They didn't run any cards and agreed to chop it 80/20.

So in general, running it once is gambling, running it twice is less gambling, running it one billion times is splitting up according to percentages and is zero gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with this. If you run it 5 or more times the aces have be a bigger favorite because there are only 2 queens left in the deck. Sure the queens could hit a straight or flush but that is very unlikely.

I'm not sure how to do the math but I think they guy with the aces should ask for best of 5. Any non-idiot will say no but asking doesn't hurt.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree with this. If you run it 5 or more times the aces have be a bigger favorite because there are only 2 queens left in the deck. Sure the queens could hit a straight or flush but that is very unlikely.

I'm not sure how to do the math but I think they guy with the aces should ask for best of 5. Any non-idiot will say no but asking doesn't hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You can run it however many times you want to run it, but the EV always stays the same.

Now, a two outer can never win the whole pot running it 5 times. But a 2 outer has 4% equity and will average winning 4% of the pot if you deal 1 river for the whole pot 100 times, or if you deal 5 rivers for 20% of the pot each 100 times.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 PM

optimally you run it 20 times because AA has 2 outs to improve and qq can draw to 2 flushes and has 2 outs to improve too. also you need to consider that your equity is highest if you run it 20 times because qq cant win more than 4 times and usually only wins 2 times because it has 4 outs to improve - the to outs aa has=2 times so it wins about 10 percent of the time with 20 runs. i made the calculations and this is the optimal running rate.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 PM

This has been discussed dozens of times. No matter how many times you run it the EV for both sides is the same.