fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FFS, fold your small blind everytime guys. I'm serious....I saw your winrate in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL @ giving these guys (or bots) strategy advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they paid me enough, I could dramatically improve their results in a week with a few easy implementable tweaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this guy finish 165th in the WSOP last year and not be able to tweak this himself? He must have some game right?

It is very hard to believe that these guys never played by themselves until yesterday when this story dropped. Don't we all occasionally lag it up or take shots at higher stakes? According to the reports, they ALWAYS were logged on at the same time.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is so gross. it is so painfully obvious that this is a group of guys from a small town that are grinding out a half-way decent living playing some pretty straightforward poker.

i have played thousands of hands versus these villains and i can say without a doubt that i could emulate their strategy tomorrow and come very close to their stats over 100,000 hands.

fr nl holdem is not that complicated. it's not that hard. in fact, it is unbelievably simple at its core.

the bot paranoia here is over the top and completely laughable. groupthink at its worst.

what is bitterly ironic is that threads like this which cultivate fear and suspicion in the name of "preserving the integrity of the game" will likely be used by our enemies such as Kyl and others.

very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for clearing everything up!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this will help my case...We are constantly taking notes on players at the table. Why would a bot take notes. I just looked and my notes database is 256kb. estimates to be on 5000 or more players. now why would a bot need to take notes for??????

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It is painfully obvious that these guys use bots.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you take notes on players if you play the same way no matter who the player is? You're C-betting 97% of the time and you claim that you take notes on players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, bingo.

It would be nice if nlnut told one consistent story instead of a bunch of contradictory half-truths. If you're following a script, why consult about hands? Why take player notes?

We know that he's lying/misleading in some way, we just don't know exactly how.

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is so gross. it is so painfully obvious that this is a group of guys from a small town that are grinding out a half-way decent living playing some pretty straightforward poker.

i have played thousands of hands versus these villains and i can say without a doubt that i could emulate their strategy tomorrow and come very close to their stats over 100,000 hands.

fr nl holdem is not that complicated. it's not that hard. in fact, it is unbelievably simple at its core.

the bot paranoia here is over the top and completely laughable. groupthink at its worst.

what is bitterly ironic is that threads like this which cultivate fear and suspicion in the name of "preserving the integrity of the game" will likely be used by our enemies such as Kyl and others.

very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hear waylon jennings warming up in the background...Just the good ol boys, never meanin no harm...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP has a lot of compelling circumstantial evidence and Chuck has offered a seemingly reasonable explanation. Chuck has obviously developed a pre and post flop system that is simple enough that an average poker player can beat 1-2NL for 1.5PTBB/100. He is also able to at least modify scripts that enable him to multi-table more efficiently. Despite those computer abilities, humans are playing on these accounts and making automated decisions rather than programming a computer to run these scripts. This way profits can be shared amongst 3 people rather than keeping all for himself. I guess that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even want to try to fathom how many of Kaufman's practical jokes you were a victim of.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest thing, to me, that stands out is how all these people are posting all these reasonable questions that deserve answers and have facts to back them up, yet all of the defenders of the "botter" pick and choose the easiest, and most pointless things to answer.

Even after people quoting themselves, asking multiple times for answer to the REAL questions, "botter" and his party keep choosing the retarded ones that no on actually cares about, or making person attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Hey Nation/NLnut/Doug. We are going to talk about this issue on our poker show this Sunday. Would you like to come on to discuss it? I promise it will be a civil discussion.

Things that make me think that something is wrong here:

1. Brandon's actions throughout the thread.

2. When asked why each player took so long to make even the simplist of decisions, the answer was that they were discussing amongst each other what to do. Obviously, if they were doing that and making situational folds/calls/bluffs that flies directly in the face of their rigid strategy story. Also, turn and river stats wouldn't be so close because of this.

3. River bet stats. I don't see any way that these could be so close, especially if each tough decision is discussed.

4. That a bunch of guys who put such an effort into their system would have ABSOLUTLEY no interest in improving their play or moving up.

5. The auto-folding of miniscule raises compared to pot-size. AT LEAST SOME of these should be called if only for meta-game.

6. That when the OP signed on each of the three suspected bots AUTOMATICALLY left their games. Why would they do that? If it was a human sweatshop, wouldn't they just say to the other "hey, dude who is pwning us signed in. Don't sit at a table with him. Play in another game"

7. That someone who couldn't install an anti-virus program is scripting and setting up computer sweatshops.

Please, someone address these and the other unanswered questions.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

too much clutter in here. bump
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How easy it is to type meaningless words on a computer without ever having to back it up. Please go back to wherever it was you came from.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

lol @ everyone saying "lol @ _____."
Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How easy it is to type meaningless words on a computer without ever having to back it up. Please go back to wherever it was you came from.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't clutter this already long thread with personal attacks. I realize that my post is of similarly low content, but hopefully it will prevent a 50 post thread derailment.