Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: New York City: Your favorite things to do or places to go

This post is going to be totally vague, and probably useless, but if would be awesome if someone knows the place I'm talking about.

Best burger/bar experience I have ever had in my life was in New York a couple years ago. I want to say that it's in the Village, but I really don't know, only that it's on that end of the island. It's a small place, and the wait was LONG, but it was ok because the waiting line wrapped around a bar where pitchers flowed. Only other detail I remember is that the register was old-school, and they didn't take plastic. Known for their burgers.

Like I said, vague vague vague, but if someone knows what I might be talking about, it's worth announcing as a damn good place to go. I'm probably describing 100s of bars in the area, though.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Corner Bistro?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Corner Bistro?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i was thinking. the place has changed within the last year. i think they raised their prices. the burgers were never anything special. just big and juicy. prices were reasonable for nyc too. i used to go there a lot a few years ago. i liked the atmosphere, and would go with a few buddies of mine and pound a bunch of brews and have a burger. good times.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 AM

Snackalicious fallafall on 8th and 3rd. Freaking amazing.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM

Take a train ride from Manhattan to Flushing to see a Mets or Jets game, or even some tennis during the US Open.

Take a film class at NYU at least once - or pretend to! It's awesome to walk around Washington Sq. Park and the University, and hang out like a student.

Tavern on the Green on Easter Sunday. It reminds me of the way it must've been like 100 years ago.

used Record and book browsing on the sidewalks of SoHo

Going to a concert at the Met

Go to the NY Public Library and do some serious research into anything! Especially if it entails getting a book that only a Library staff member can bring you. In this day of instant access online, we're missing the tactile experience of actually browsing through old books, looking for what you need. It's awesome.

Music, food, shopping...so much to do...I miss New York.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a train ride from Manhattan to Flushing to see a Mets or Jets game, or even some tennis during the US Open.

Take a film class at NYU at least once - or pretend to! It's awesome to walk around Washington Sq. Park and the University, and hang out like a student.

Tavern on the Green on Easter Sunday. It reminds me of the way it must've been like 100 years ago.

Go to the NY Public Library and do some serious research into anything! Especially if it entails getting a book that only a Library staff member can bring you. In this day of instant access online, we're missing the tactile experience of actually browsing through old books, looking for what you need. It's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
When was the last time you were here?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When was the last time you were here?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahha...yeah, you're right...I forgot the Jets don't play there anymore. I just remember my Dad taking me to Jets games to see Joe Namath when I was little.

except for two business trips about 7 years ago, I haven't been back in over ten years. I used to live off of 22nd near Gramercy Park.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:34 PM

I think it goes without saying but everyone should have a subscription to Time Out New York. Every possible event worth going to is listed in that magazine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I took a Film Techniques and Tech course at NYU a couple years back out of boredom. Professor was documentary filmmaker from the 60s who was great just to listen to him bitch about random things. Good stuff. Probably not worth the $1000 that I paid but I still enjoyed myself.

Washington Square is fun to watch stupid kids getting get ripped off and/or get busted trying to buy pot.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Washington Square is fun to watch stupid kids getting get ripped off and/or get busted trying to buy pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

People actually get busted there trying to buy pot?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People actually get busted there trying to buy pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
They mostly get scammed with oregano or dirt weed but I have seen the occasional undercover bust, although that could very well be a scam in itself.

Either way buying in the park is pretty retarded.