Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Benefits of Real Estate Brokers license?

you might save part of the commission on buying and selling. but you have to take recurring courses each year and must sell x number of sales to keep your licence current in some states.
you also must disclose on buying and selling you are an agent and sellers will think you are trying to steal their property on sales without a broker. this may cost you good deals.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Benefits of Real Estate Brokers license?

[ QUOTE ]
I am an attorney and it would be fairly easy for me to obtain a RE brokers license less the costs and fees.

But, I am not really interested in being a weekend real estate agent or anything like that. Could the license save me money on my own real estate transactions? Does it open any doors or allow me to do anything i can't already do?

[/ QUOTE ]

The upside is it can save you money when buying and selling. If you put together a partnership you can take a commission on buying and selling as well. A possible down side is you have to disclose in a transaction whether you are a licensed real estate agent. This creates a possible liability issue if someone feels they were taken advantage of in a transaction by a professional. The risk of something like that would seem very remote.