Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

When the AP Support Guy says (10:51 PM):
"ok well that was not possible in Feb last year for sure," doesn't that seem to imply that it knows it WAS possible but not until some time later ?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 PM

What's up with the ESPN article? I thought it was supposed to go up sometime last week, but I looked today and didn't see anything. Any news on that? Gary?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 PM

What I found interesting in the article was this exerpt:

But a spokesperson for Absolute Poker said SixNet is the provider of Absolute's online servers.
"We've had our Six Nations, or the SixNet, licence for about three years and the games are hosted out of their facility in Ontario," said Jason Reindorp, a media relations spokesperson for Absolute Entertainment S.A, the Costa Rica-based parent of the poker site.
Hosting, licensing or promoting online gambling is illegal in Canada under Sections 202 and 206 of the Criminal Code.
It's not illegal to take part in online gambling as a player.
But some aboriginal communities claim they have rights as sovereign nations to license and operate online gambling systems for offshore companies, in contravention of the Canadian law.

So my question is; Where is Jason Reindorp, a media relations spokesperson for Absolute Entertainment S.A, the Costa Rica-based parent of the poker site.

Too many anonomys press releases, or was he the one who put out the bogus ones early on. Way too many shady things about this situation to ever trust them with my money.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah... what's going on with this? the thread was way down the page. i haven't checked in much this weekend, but it's almost 5 on Monday. anything new? any progress anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan to make a new one after any other piece of news that comes out, but so far we got nothin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it possibly be because the frat boys are busy
Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 AM

i just realized i got paid 111 dollars credit for a tournament i was cheated in

sweet
Old 10-31-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

boomp
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 AM

From the beginning of this thread:

“These preliminary findings remain subject to its final audit. AP expects its internal inquiry to last for at least several weeks, and it will continue to cooperate with the KGC’s investigation and to work with Gaming Associates until these outstanding investigations and inquiries are complete. AP will continue to issue interim statements related to its internal investigation as appropriate.

Edited by adanthar (10/24/07 05:03 PM) "

Isn't it about time we get another "interim statement" from AP. People are starting to lose interest in the story. The way I see it, if people stop following the thread, and AP has not satisfied them, they will never come back to AP. Granted, they may not anyway, but if their last thought of AP is a cheating, non-responsive company, who is to blame them? AP, you'd better come out with something soon.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it about time we get another "interim statement" from AP. People are starting to lose interest in the story. The way I see it, if people stop following the thread, and AP has not satisfied them, they will never come back to AP. Granted, they may not anyway, but if their last thought of AP is a cheating, non-responsive company, who is to blame them? AP, you'd better come out with something soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the opposite is true. The way AP sees it, there has (supposedly) been no slowdown in their business and no real expectations of any mainstream media sources to report on the true story of the AP scandal in the future. Therefore, what AP wants is for people to lose interest in this story (sure they lose a few people on this site, but they prevent the true story from leaking out to the masses), and they are probably considering never releasing a statement again (or at least one that reveals anything) in order to help that cause.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM

For the biggest buy-in tournaments recently completed at AP that I can find there, the $1,000 + $50 buy-in $100K Pro Bounty, 10/24, brought in 96 players and the $500 + $30 buy-in $150K weekly, 10/27, brought in 287 players. How do those numbers compare with the number of players playing at those biggies before the scandal broke?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM

The next statement will be one of conclusion. That they paid every player back plus interest who was wronged. That in fact they paid out much more than the cheaters benefited by. They'll spin it so it seems like the players at AP ultimately benefited from their security breach at least monetarily.

Then one final statement about their newly cleaned house and how security is always their number one goal, and that with these new measures they are the safest site to play on.

No name will sign the new statement and life will go on as usual.