Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
AP offers 10% interest on account balances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally when financial institutions bump their yield on deposits well beyond market rates they are in the midst of, or anticipating, a liquidity crisis.

You will be hard pressed to generate a 10% annual yield on 30 day termed loans in even the "junkiest" of emerging markets.

Hell, the Sudanese Government might be offering a lower yield on similarly termed loans.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 AM

I thought Ike was done with this thread?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[...]This argument is ridiculous. We don't have any proof because they destroyed it.

He [Seif] was accused of cheating in this manner. In the past month we have learned that not only is this manner of cheating possible, but its usage was covered up until leaked evidence was so damning they finally admitted it.

They realize the current evidence isn't damning, so they are going to be quiet and let people like you try to damage the credibility of the attackers.

Well let me see.

1) Accused cheating
2) Proof of that method of cheating
3) Destroyed evidence
4) Silence

Doesn't sound so crazy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but even you must admit this is all circumstantial. No where have there been any proof of any Seif cheating or cover-up plot that warrants a witch hunt.

Lack of proof + continuous allegations based solely on circumstance = conspirotard.

This thread only proves that the more people have invested in an issue, the more they want someone to blame - regardless of lack of proof.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP offers 10% interest on account balances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally when financial institutions bump their yield on deposits well beyond market rates they are in the midst of, or anticipating, a liquidity crisis.

You will be hard pressed to generate a 10% annual yield on 30 day termed loans in even the "junkiest" of emerging markets.

Hell, the Sudanese Government might be offering a lower yield on similarly termed loans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my feelings exactly. It's time to be cautious with your money at AP IMO. To many warning signs that something else has gone awry.

In light of the recent security breaches and insider led cheating, I think the audit should include a review of where exactly their customers account balances are placed, as well as determining if there is at least 100% of the account balances in these accounts. I don't think this is unreasonable considering the extent of the security breach by highly trusted people associated with AP.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe not, but even you must admit this is all circumstantial. No where have there been any proof of any Seif cheating or cover-up plot that warrants a witch hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

To bad AP decided to delete the HH's of this tournament. An innocent Seif would have been better served if this never happened. AP's incompetence is the reason and the reason alone why Seif is being dragged down now. He has nobody to blame but the company he represents.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To bad AP decided to delete the HH's of this tournament. An innocent Seif would have been better served if this never happened. AP's incompetence is the reason and the reason alone why Seif is being dragged down now. He has nobody to blame but the company he represents.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 AM

"Pretty common for a winning player"
+
"Mark Seif"

Does no compute
Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ikes, I'm not going to insult you or call for your banning like others have, but your constant dancing around the actual issue at stake is getting annoying.

Let's try this one more time:

Mark Seif has been the "face" of AP for over 3 years, and possibly is more than that.

Mark was accused of cheating by viewing hole cards in February, 2006. The complaint was laughed off at the time due to the incorrect assumption that this was impossible.

Cheating did indeed occur on AP in the summer of 2007, in that exact fashion -- hole cards being viewed by people high up within the AP organization.

In consideration of all of the above, I stated that Mark Seif's questioned heads-up match should be re-examined.

Please explain where I was unreasonable or insulting to Mark by making such a statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tone and wording of this post is much different than earlier ones concerning mark dan.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Hey guys, somebody posted this earlier but hasn't gotten any attention. 3/4 down the page it talks about Seif's supposed ownership stake in AP, as well as him comparing limit hold'em to doing heroine. Very interesting....

MARK SEIF:i dont need to do heroin
MARK SEIF:this is better
MARK SEIF:i live for being called a donk by 2 plus 2ers and NWP pros
MARK SEIF:for me this is work $200k not 20k
MARK SEIF:worth
MARK SEIF:seriously guys - all i do is give you money
MARK SEIF:be nice to the fishies\
MARK SEIF:i enjoy playin every hand and blowin 20k
MARK SEIF:i really do
MARK SEIF:just take the money and have some class
MARK SEIF:that's all we ask
MARK SEIF:i'm not the site rep
MARK SEIF:i am a mjor stake owner
MARK SEIF:this is my business
MARK SEIF:i want what's in AP's best interst - that's all
MARK SEIF:i dont care if i lose
STUCKINPGH:I've seen you rip off some big wins here too
MARK SEIF:i win occasionally but i really dont care about it
MARK SEIF:its much funner to just play evey hand and raise every stree
MARK SEIF:t
MARK SEIF:its my heroin

Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 AM

it wasn't paid attention before because he doesn't say he's using heroin.
Closed Thread