Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: MNF Pats @ Bengals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I win money when my fantasy team wins. I win...what, happiness points when my real team wins? People who make posts like the one you did are too involved in a team that doesn't care about them and takes a lot of joy in accomplishments they had absolutely no hand in.

I'm a fan of teams because they are fun to watch, have talented players, stuff like that. Not because I was born there. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your cutoff for "real fan."

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to apologize for, it just means you're not a real fan of a team (you have none of the equivalent of "faith"). You are a fan of football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely a fan of football, but I still consider myself a fan of a few teams. They are teams I root for for a specific reason though, not because I was born there or thats who my dad roots for. I just don't see why this makes me not a "real" fan. Or any of the other disparaging terms that usually accompany that.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Game over. Meh. I thought the Bengals would be able to score more than this. Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of time left. bengals can def score more. they need a few mistakes to win but this offense has plenty of time.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any fan that pulls for their fantasy team over their real team is not a real fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the fan that bets against his favorite team?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are gonna bet against them they shouldn't celebrate when their bet comes through.

I will draft players against the Broncos because I want to win, but I will celebrate when my guy gets shut down by our defense. I would lose every FF game in every league for a Broncos superbowl without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I win money when my fantasy team wins. I win...what, happiness points when my real team wins? People who make posts like the one you did are too involved in a team that doesn't care about them and takes a lot of joy in accomplishments they had absolutely no hand in.

I'm a fan of teams because they are fun to watch, have talented players, stuff like that. Not because I was born there. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your cutoff for "real fan."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its appropriate to judge what I take joy in, or that I am too involved in something. The happiness I get from my team winning far outweighs the money I get from Fantasy. Then again I'm not in any 5k buy in FF leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are the arbiter of what a real fan is? I'm overstepping my bounds, but you decide who the real fans are?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am definitely a fan of football, but I still consider myself a fan of a few teams. They are teams I root for for a specific reason though, not because I was born there or thats who my dad roots for. I just don't see why this makes me not a "real" fan. Or any of the other disparaging terms that usually accompany that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it as anything worth disparaging over. I think a "real fan" is someone who supports his team no matter what for some one sentimental reason (born there, been a fan since X time, whatever).
Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any fan that pulls for their fantasy team over their real team is not a real fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the fan that bets against his favorite team?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are gonna bet against them they shouldn't celebrate when their bet comes through.

I will draft players against the Broncos because I want to win, but I will celebrate when my guy gets shut down by our defense. I would lose every FF game in every league for a Broncos superbowl without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its appropriate to judge what I take joy in, or that I am too involved in something. The happiness I get from my team winning far outweighs the money I get from Fantasy. Then again I'm not in any 5k buy in FF leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are the arbiter of what a real fan is? I'm overstepping my bounds, but you decide who the real fans are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I shoulda qualified in my humble little opinion I don't consider that a quality of a true fan. Unfortunately I have no authority on the matter, and you are more than welcome to disagree with me. I apologize if I implied that I had authority on the matter.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game over. Meh. I thought the Bengals would be able to score more than this. Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of time left. bengals can def score more. they need a few mistakes to win but this offense has plenty of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Bengals could stop f'ing up on practically every other possession they migt have been able to make a game of this.
Carson and Ocho jawing away at each other at the end of the 1st half pretty much was the end of the game.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 PM

kornheiser tilts me so bad
Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 PM

I think Belichick looked more upset about having to call timeout with NE up 24-7 because they had 12 men on the field than Norv has looked at any point this year. And really, Norv's spent awhile upset this year.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm mostly a fan of players too. I do root for the Lions because used to go to games when I lived near Detroit every home game. So, I'd love to see them not suck even though I moved. As for the rest of the league I just love to see people playing great, be able to talk intelligently about every team and see awesome games. There are a few teams I don't follow much but I think I see a lot of most of them.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

well down to 2 scores. ahah too bad there is exactly zero chance they hold them from scoring.