View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

dlp,

If you read through the thread, what Boosted said happened does not match with what the chat logs and transaction records show. Boosted has gone back and changed his story after certain facts have come out.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can boosted please explain what happened to the 120k he won the week before this whole mess started?

was it all lost at 25/50?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he used it to pay back some of his debts? Maybe he didn't get to keep most of it, because he was being staked?

Who knows... He's got so many side deals going on that he might not even know.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a piece of boosted once, we lost

[/ QUOTE ]

earlier in the thread, boosted claimed he had never lost before when he had been staked. He then went back and edited out that post.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dlp,

If you read through the thread, what Boosted said happened does not match with what the chat logs and transaction records show. Boosted has gone back and changed his story after certain facts have come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if your gonna get all technical. We obv cant trust people who get all technical anyway, it's not balla.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can boosted please explain what happened to the 120k he won the week before this whole mess started?

was it all lost at 25/50?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he used it to pay back some of his debts? Maybe he didn't get to keep most of it, because he was being staked?

Who knows... He's got so many side deals going on that he might not even know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1: Create a high profile flashy image to impress people

Step 2: Dangle the allure of joining the high profile flashy club

Step 3: Get people to send you money

Step 4: Keep/missuse the money

Step 5: Get wanna be's and minions to try and shout down others who question the events that transpired.

Step 6: Get caught in a lie or 2

Step 7: Realize you hozed yourself and pull a vanishing act lol

Step 8: Put on a pr of ruby red slippers, click heals together 3 times while wishing you could undo step 6
Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i know boosted well...

Here is what he told me about the timeline of events:
1. Filthy, at the request of boosted, granted boosted a 30k loan.
2. Boosted had approx 30k on the tables and wanted to play more tables=more potential profit.
3. Boosted says, want to give me 30k more and turn the WHOLE thing into a stake?
4. At this point, filthy agrees.
5. Now, the 30k loan is null and void, and it's the same as if boosted was given a 60k stake. His acct balance was approx 60k at the time of this agreement (meaning he hadn't lost the 30k first).
6. He lost the 60k stake.

What about this timeline/logic doesn't make sense?

The only shady part was boosted guaranteeding 100% no risk. In nearly all transactions there is risk, even if it was a loan.

But i don't see how boosted owes 30k.

Also, why wouldn't filthy give boosted another stake? Someone loan filthy money at an interest rate and it seems like a no brainer if boosted is restricted to 10/20 and lower. He has to be massively +ev at those games.

I took a piece of boosted once, we lost, and I paid promptly. Stuff happens, boosted has always seemed like a nice guy to me and he takes his integrity very seriously,

dlpnyc21

[/ QUOTE ]

DLP,

You're a friend of Boosted, so maybe you're a little bit biased when analyzing the situation. I am not critizing you, because this is human nature.

I'll go step by step and point out the problems that people have with Boosted's behavior.

1. the chat transcript, while not exactly incriminating, makes Boosted seem like one shady MFer

2. Boosted shows up in this thread and starts vigorously making the case for the stakee, but gets pissed when OP then responds by outing him. He comes off as a hypocrite, and an ingrate.

3, Boosted keeps making excuses for why he won't work with OP to resolve this. First he pulled the oldest trick in the book, used by desperate, broken down debtors everywhere. "YOU DARE QUESTION MY INTEGRITY! FORGET IT, I WOULD HAVE SURELY PAID YOU, BUT NOW I AM NOT!" Again, he comes off as an extreme ingrate, considering the OP had initially loaned him 30K with no strings attached in order to help a "friend".

3. Boosted has made some claims which were later proven to be lies by OP's transaction and chat logs

4. Boosted initially said that he owed OP make up, but insisted on the deal being on his terms. First he insisted that Red Dragon be involved (to syphon off some of OP's makeup revenue?). Now he is insisting that makeup must be made at the SAME RIDICULOUS STAKES HE LOST ALL THE MONEY AT.

5. The ridiculous stakes he lost the money at... He played deepstacked 40-80 with a $60K stake? What a [censored] DB.

6. All of the side deals and loans... Really, do you think it all went down so simply, like you outline in your 6 steps? I would love to see this kid's transaction log, just for laughs. It would probably take a forensic accountant to figure out what the hell is going on.

7. His whole story just doesn't pass the smell test. Why would a robusto internet superstar be approaching other players for a stake? Why would he promise makeup at any stakes (I assume this is what the 100% no risk comment was supposed to mean)? How many people had a piece of his action? Did he really replenish his account, studiously making sure that OP's whole $60K stake was lost playing poker (and not used to settle other stake losses and debts)? Why would he get infuriated when OP offers a $30K buy out in lieu of makeup, a buyout which a winning high stakes player would jump at the chance to accept?

He at least owes OP makeup, and not at the same nosebleed stakes he gambled the original stake away at. He should stop getting insulted when OP tries to work this out with him. He should stop making excuses and changing his story/agreements.

He should live up to his word and make this right with OP. He should stop acting like an ingrate, a hypocrite, a welcher and a liar.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM

As a wise man once told me after I busted him in a Vegas cash game: "you are drawing dead in life, son".
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a piece of boosted once, we lost, and I paid promptly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take 100% of the risk for 50% of the profits?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 PM

I really think people should come forward and say how much they've loaned/staked boosted for, and how much he's lost.

Could be he's just on a massive downswing and draining funds from all HSNLers that he knows will stake him.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM

I guess Justin "boosted" gets staked because he "runs" bad on his own money....lol His words....
Closed Thread