Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM

Default TT fold HU

Villian is unknown.

Any better way to play this hand?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13.5SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 9.75BB
Old 11-12-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Re: TT fold HU

Raise on the flop is spewing if you don't fold to the three bet. CO has AK or an overpair to yours preflop almost every time and the flop action tells you it's an overpair.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Yeah I hate the flop play. If you really think your hand is good use that 1.5BB to call flop and turn and decide on river whether or not he 3 barrels you w/ AK OOP.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I hate the flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the flop lead as the cheapest way to get rid of a loser. You have to fold to the raise though.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Hero is in position, and CO lead into him..
Old 11-12-2006, 07:22 PM

I dislike the flop raise. I call and consider raising the turn for a free showdown UI if it's still 3-way, or else I am just calling down given decent turn river cards. We have position. It's a good thing to have.

Caddy
Old 11-12-2006, 07:50 PM

After the cap I probably just call the flop and reevaluate turn. Here with a preflop capper and 2 overs, it might be best to let it go unelss he is very aggressive. Still the only hand in his range you beat is AK unless you put 99 into it but that seems unlikely given the action.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:08 PM

I'm fine with it. You raise the flop to protect your hand from UTG. It's imperative that you get him out if he has one or two overs. There aren't that many 1/2 players 3-betting AK here. So when UTG 3-bets, you're in bad shape, but you're getting 18-1 plus implied outs to hit a set. So you call, miss, and fold.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fine with it. You raise the flop to protect your hand from UTG. It's imperative that you get him out if he has one or two overs. There aren't that many 1/2 players 3-betting AK here. So when UTG 3-bets, you're in bad shape, but you're getting 18-1 plus implied outs to hit a set. So you call, miss, and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a flop raise we're giving UTG ~8.5:1 for UTG to call. Is a flop raise really protecting our hand better than a safe-turn card raise?

Since hero did raise the flop, I do agree with his choice to call the 3b and fold the turn UI.

Caddy
Old 11-12-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With a flop raise we're giving UTG ~8.5:1 for UTG to call. Is a flop raise really protecting our hand better than a safe-turn card raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have to look at it from UTG's perspective. It was capped pf and now the flop has going bet-raise. You have to be pretty bad to call there without a hand. If we just call however, he's getting 15-1 and will most likely will call.