Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM

Default QQ on WPEX

QQ hand on WPEX in the small blind. The button is named after a particular pentium computer chip and seems like a generally solid player that I respect. The BB I don't have any reads on but he's probably not solid.

One note about WPEX. The culture here seems different. The average player seems somewhat like a 32/22 player. I'm not suprised when I see KTo raised utg at a full table, if I get 3bet by K8s when I raised EP in full, or if someone defends their BB by 3betting Q6s and 3barrelling.

The button open raises and I 3bet Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. The BB cold-caps and we call.

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check intending to raise, BB checks, button bets, I raise, BB makes it 3, button caps, I call two.

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, Button bets..

what is going on here and what do you think so far?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: QQ on WPEX

Well, if the BB is checking the turn, I probably wouldn't put him on a set or a turned full house... Maybe AJ? In the way you described the table, the BB seems like he would hit his J9s ultra hard making you good on the turn. J5s seems a tad ulikely for a cold cap don't you tink? Then again on second thought, if the button is as solid as you make him out to be, he's probably just going for the legendary 2nd check raise against this maniac on the B and he's taking you along with him.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suprised when I see KTo raised utg at a full table, if I get 3bet by K8s when I raised EP in full, or if someone defends their BB by 3betting Q6s and 3barrelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. This does not sound pleasant for people who don't like to pay attention.

As for the hand as played, I think you have to raise the turn. Too many hands (J's, big9, fd) you lose value from by just calling. I'm assuming folding is not an option.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 PM

I would just call down from here on. WPEX is wild so there is no way i am folding but i am not eager to pump this pot, so i just call down and hope to get to sd for 2 more bets.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:25 PM

Ok, I'm thinking this hand wasn't as interesting as I imagined it. I came to the same conclusion as ejay. I called. I breathed a sigh of relief as the BB only called.

River was 2. I chk, BB chks, Button bets, I call, BB chk raises, Button calls, I fold.

BB has KJ, Button has KK and scoops.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm thinking this hand wasn't as interesting as I imagined it. I came to the same conclusion as ejay. I called. I breathed a sigh of relief as the BB only called.

River was 2. I chk, BB chks, Button bets, I call, BB chk raises, Button calls, I fold.

BB has KJ, Button has KK and scoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is a tard.

Caddy
Old 10-09-2006, 07:38 PM

So if this was a hand at party or whatever site you play that wouldn't have needed to be mentioned, you'd have played it differently?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Hmm, I guess not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 08:14 PM

Wow, KJ c/r's the river...ballsy...and stupid. I'd do what you did and just call down from the turn.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM

I would really like to eliminate button on the flop (or at least give him some bad odds), as he will often have 2 broadways of some sort with a decent draw against us (KJ/AJ/KT/AK/JT... even things like K9/T9/A9 since it was a steal). I prefer leading out on the flop, expecting BB to raise.