Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 PM

Default \"The Game\" Book discussion

Just wondering if anyone has read this book and have any thoughts on the ideas.

Quick summary:

The author, Neil Strauss, transforms himself from a loser, sexless writer into one of the most charismatic womanizers in the world with the help of the methods described in the book.

Its a collection of stories told by neil about his conquests and development.

Has anyone who read this book actually TRIED these methods "in the field?"
Old 09-02-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

I've read the book. He's an excellent writer and it's very entertaining, I'd recommend it regardless of whether someone wants to be a pick-up artist. It's really not a manual, though. If anything its message is that banging lots of women isn't going to make you happy.

I haven't tried the techniques in it. Some of the people on OOT have.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 AM

Jamougha -

Did any of the techniques make sense to you or did they seem ridiculously obvious? I haven't read it but I've heard about it. I had been under the impression it was a manual but now come to find out it's actually a "cautionary tale".

One reviewer wrote,

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he has anything helpful for anyone except those men whose emotional maturity stalled at age 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I've never been clear on, did the author just act more confident and slightly disinterested around women or did he actually assume a whole new "fake" personality?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM

I've read the book and the techniques definitely work to make men more attractive to women.

Won't necessarily make you happy though, unless banging lots of hotties will make you happy.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Yeah, banging hotties you have no emotional connnection with is an empty experience.

But, you know, as empty experiences go...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 AM

I suppose this is a guy thing? There's no way banging a bunch of random men would boost a girl's self esteem. If anything, I'd think it would have the opposite effect.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose this is a guy thing? There's no way banging a bunch of random men would boost a girl's self esteem. If anything, I'd think it would have the opposite effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true for some chicks, most girls' slutty phase seems to do wonders for their confidence.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 AM

stop trying to look at something so simple on a higher level.

guys like to have sex with girls because its fun and enjoyable not beacuse it boosts their self esteem etc. etc.

Drew devil
"Won't necessarily make you happy though, unless banging lots of hotties will make you happy."

this will make any man(who enjoys sex) happy. if they deny it they are lying.

katy
"I suppose this is a guy thing? There's no way banging a bunch of random men would boost a girl's self esteem. If anything, I'd think it would have the opposite effect."

again this has nothing to do with a girls self esteem. its simply because girls dont enjoy sex as much as guys because most guys are bad at sex and so its not very pleasing for a girl. if every guy had to take a "how to give a woman a trigasm" class in school i gurantee girls would be trying to "bang random guys" a helluva lot more.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

katy
"I suppose this is a guy thing? There's no way banging a bunch of random men would boost a girl's self esteem. If anything, I'd think it would have the opposite effect."

again this has nothing to do with a girls self esteem. its simply because girls dont enjoy sex as much as guys because most guys are bad at sex and so its not very pleasing for a girl. if every guy had to take a "how to give a woman a trigasm" class in school i gurantee girls would be trying to "bang random guys" a helluva lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now you've got me sitting here trying to visualize this scenario. Initially I was thinking - who wants to have sex with complete and total strangers? That's just gross. But now you have me contemplating if it would not be fun, provided that my total stranger was kind of cute and super good at sex and pleasing a woman. Hmm.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

katy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now you've got me sitting here trying to visualize this scenario. Initially I was thinking - who wants to have sex with complete and total strangers? That's just gross. But now you have me contemplating if it would not be fun, provided that my total stranger was kind of cute and super good at sex and pleasing a woman. Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats gross about it? you make it sound dirty. can i have a scale of what you consider total strangers to friends?