Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Weird tournament ruling at WPT Biloxi

During the first event, I was short-stacked with 3 tables left (thinly veiled brag), and open pushed from CO. I verbally declared all-in, then arranged my chips to give SB a count. I said it was 8900 and SB decided to call. BB called as well.

As the dealer gathered the chips, he realized that my count was off by 5000 (I had miscalculated my stack of 500 chips--it was late). It turns out I had 13900, not 8900. The SB than says he would not have called had he known, but of course now he has the extra information that the BB is likely coming along.

The floor was called and once it was explained, the SB was allowed to take his money out of the pot.

I did not care either way. I would have been content to get it heads up or have a chance to triple up. But I am wondering if this was the correct ruling, and if not, what should the ruling have been.

Ultimately, I guess it was the dealer's fault for not getting his own count of my chips and relying on what I said. But I guess he was as tired as I was.