Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 AM

Default When did I turn into a nit? 30/60 Stud 8

Villain is sort of a regular in these games, I assume he's a winner but I think he sucks because he runs sick hot against me and he's already giving me fits today by going crazy with split 7s A kicker vs my split Qs A kicker and spiking an Ace.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (6.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (8.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: When did I turn into a nit? 30/60 Stud 8

Just to clarify the third street action--the other guy brought it in for $10, you completed to $30, he raised to $60, and you raised to $90, right? This is more action than I would have put in. Once you've put in that much, you're in for the duration. I probably take the freebie on fifth.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 AM

I agree that 5th street is a definete check here. Before viewing Andy's post this street was the only one that gave me pause. Calling the check raise is tough here and since we want to go to the river paying a double bet on 5th is very tough here.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 AM

I have no problem at all calling the check raise, his raise means is he's either picked up a draw that he likes or, occasionally, he has some weird high hand that beats a pair of tens. Given his 3rd street action he should have more than just a razz hand here, he usually has an A down or a 3-flush or 67. Since he is aggro I would weight him toward a low draw with the Ac, so we're pretty much flipping coins here given that he has a 4-flush with it 1/5 of the time or so. I can't really fault your bet here, I think it is really close either way.

On 6th he caught an A so he either has a made low or a pair of aces. If he made a low he doesn't have much of a redraw and we won't get scooped very often, especially with our boat draw and we're way ahead of aces here so your bet is good. His call usually means he has aces + low draw.

7th is the interesting street imo. I think it's a bet since we're rarely getting scooped and many people will pay off with aces up here. Of course he will raise if he makes a low but he can't make a straight and, unless he has a brick in the hole, he doesn't have a flush either. So let him raise.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:03 AM

The villain was the bringin and reraised me in case you didn't notice, because the converter doesn't mention it. The villain will do this with any 3 card low and very likely any buried pair and split 8s, I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't do it with all his 3 flushes as well.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 AM

Would you rather check 5th or bet and why?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 PM

Andy- Will you be my Valentine?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Depends. I have very high standards.

1. Are you a chick?

(This is very important.)

2. Do you weigh less than I do?

(Should be easy enough if you answered yes to question 1.)

3. Are you over 18? Under 50?

4. How do you feel about fat broke guys?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The villain was the bringin and reraised me in case you didn't notice, because the converter doesn't mention it. The villain will do this with any 3 card low and very likely any buried pair and split 8s, I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't do it with all his 3 flushes as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't have time to run the various twodimes, but I'm wondering if folding to the re-raise on 3rd might not be right, or even just folding right away, w/a $5 ante four-handed....

How much is the bringin?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:32 PM

Ten-dollar bring-in.