Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

jamie gold hate is sooooo passe
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth only had like 30k left at that point. With an open-ender this is an automatic shove imo. Mike Baxter knows what he's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol that shove is so damn retarted.
I mean sure if you like flip coins 30/70 all day long I'm game but dont claim its a "good strategy" to do so.

And to everyone saying "none of these guys wouldn't even beat nl100 at stars". Well yeah maybe they wouldn't if they played like they play in the show (and a) live b) against each other) but then again if somebody told them that they would win some substantial amount of money if they would come ahead in stars nl100 after like 40k hands I'm pretty sure the loose donkeys at this table are clever enough to know how to beat a friggin .5/1 game if they just put a little thought into it. Cmon get a clue guys, what do you really think they are all just clueless?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Jen is very loose when off the air

[/ QUOTE ]

After Howard Leaderer & Todd Brunson I guess any girl would be stretched out.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! Oh! I have one! Listen to this interview. It's more than just one thing, it's the whole thing.

[Note: link is to an MP3 file of an hour long radio show, so right-click & download for full listening pleasure.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to that a very long time ago. It was a few days after he won the ME, he was excited, and was being honest about him making Cunningham nervous, about having a tell on Richard Lee and knowing how to command the table, etc, etc. Honesty doesn't equal arrogance. A bird isn't arrogant for pointing out that they can fly and humans can't. Gold played an amazing final table otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation, end fact.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A bird isn't arrogant for pointing out that they can fly and humans can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamie Gold, ladies and gentlemen: flies like a bird, where mere humans only walk.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold played an amazing final table otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation, end fact.

[/ QUOTE ]And got Amazing cards, end fact. And if tweety bird points out that he can fly higher than all other birds, he's arrogant and obnoxious.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
veil,

i'm just wondering if you offer lessons?
not having a losing session in two years of heads up play at 50/100 is amazing, and i'd love to get some help with my heads up game.

if you could please let me know what your rates would be and also your screen name on full tilt so i could watch and learn from you that would be awesome.

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I never lie. Secondly, when I said I haven't had a losing session: for me a losing session is losing around $1000 in a few hours at those big stakes. That has never happened. Thirdly, my "boast" isn't even that impressive because I do not play those stakes very often, maybe once a week. I lose very often in mtts and lower stake cash games.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth hasn't had a losing cash game session in two years either, well - except for the ones that happened to be filmed for TV.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree with your post a lot this last piece is incredibly bullshitty.

lol u plated 3 sessions over 3 years?

because theres no way in hell u never had a loosing HU-session if u played a reasonable amount of them.

if youre gonna bluff u ahve to do it convincingly.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very bad poker this week. I cannot recall one hand that was played even remotely alright by everyone involved.

Any winning SSNL player would be massively EV+ in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]
ban please.

[/ QUOTE ]You disagree with my assessment? Which part in particular? This is no Omaha/8 tournament they're playing.