Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Battling Procrastination

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that you understand that there is a significant difference between being lazy and procrastinating.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I completely understand that. I'm saying he should have understood what I meant when I said "lazy", and so should you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are the one with your head in your ass, why do you think I would know how it smells?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 AM

Do me a favor Oski, try not to use this line ever again. You sound a little defensive. Speaking as a procrastinator, I don't take offense when someone calls me lazy.

I can put in 11 eleven hours at the office, or clean my place up all weekend, and still not address the personal paperwork that needs to be addressed, don't ask me why. I have a close friend who's the same way. When it comes to physical labor he can work harder than anyone. But when it comes to paying his bills he is such a procrastinator.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 AM

I don't mind what anyone calls me. I do mind when this guy goes to great lengths to point out that I should know what he means when he says a specific word, but means something else. I find it rude and irritating and I responded in kind.

I apologize if you are offended by my response to the poster.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do me a favor Oski, try not to use this line ever again. You sound a little defensive. Speaking as a procrastinator, I don't take offense when someone calls me lazy.

I can put in 11 eleven hours at the office, or clean my place up all weekend, and still not address the personal paperwork that needs to be addressed, don't ask me why. I have a close friend who's the same way. When it comes to physical labor he can work harder than anyone. But when it comes to paying his bills he is such a procrastinator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm this way with bills regularly. It's why I try to automate as much bill paying as possible, to take into account my weakness in that area. When you've been scary poor before, for any length of time, paying the wrong bill at the wrong time means being put out of doors or running out of food, power, whatever. Because of that background, I can be extremely hesitant to just get a bill out of the way, as if it goes against my instincts of self-preservation. It's a mental tick that I'll probably have until the day I die, and just have to try to manage.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM

I am glad I wasn't the only one offended by his unhelpful remarks.

I wanted to point out that saying "Go do what you need" is an unhelpful response.
Here a couple of situations which I find similar:
-Responding "Just kick the ball so that the goalie can't reach it" to the question "How do I score a goal on a penalty kick?"
-Responding "By solving the integral" to the question "How do I solve this integral?"
-Responding "By running into the endzone without being tackled" to the question "How would I go about to score a touchdown in X situation?"

What I am trying to say (if it isn't clear by now). It is that the thread (to the extent of my knowledge) is about ideas to be able to get rid of procrastination. The answer of that guy that said "By doing what you need to do" is obviously true, but completely unhelpful and in a way insulting. I hope it was meant as a joke and Oski and I just got excited for nothing, but if it wasn't a joke it was a ridiculous post that offered no insight or help.