LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BTN): $110.25
SB: $99.5
BB: $114.8
UTG: $11.80
MP: $186.05
CO: $167

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $11</font>, Hero calls $7.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $19</font>, Hero calls $19

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($60.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets all in for $85.80</font>

Villain is 21/10/2.48 over 1.2k hands. My image is TAG.
How would you have played this hand on all streets including preflop? I feel as though I am undervaluing JJ a lot.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: nl 100 Help me improve my JJ play

PF: Fine

Flop: Fold(35%)/Push(65%) [against said villain]
Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 AM

what about raising the flop to about 45-50? what are peoples' thoughts on that? pros&amp;cons?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about raising the flop to about 45-50? what are peoples' thoughts on that? pros&amp;cons?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising to 45-50 puts you in a "I'm comitted, I gotta call off with my overpair" spot. I think this is deceptive that is why I didn't consider raising the flop in that spot.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Raising flop sounds bad. Call flop fold turn is fine I think.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Ive had a lot of trouble with TT and JJ just like this and I think a call and evaluate the turn is the best line Ive come up with yet. This is one of those wa/wb type of hands and raising just spews or fold worse hand imo.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:34 AM

First, I hate JJ when I'm reraised preflop. It is so hard to know whether or not you are ahead, especially on a board like this. The dilemma is that if you raise the flop, any amount you raise will seemingly commit you to the pot unless you are certain that villain has you crushed (pot odds are but one of many considerations, so just because you have good pot odds does not automatically justify calling a push by villain). However, because of stack sizes, if you raise at all, it makes little sense to raise half of your remaining stack. An all-in raise has a better chance of winning outright.

What could villain's range possibly be? AA-QQ are certainly possible. TT, 88 and 22 are doubtful because he wouldn't push the turn with a set. What about 99? Maybe. AK or AQ? Maybe. Do we have any reason to believe that villain would make these plays with AK, AQ, or a pp that we beat?

As played, I would fold to the push on the turn. Calling his bet after the flop is a good way to see if he let's of the accelerator on the turn. Since he pushed the turn, we have to give him credit for something that beats us unless we know he is capable of a bluff in this situation.

Again, I hate JJ because it's strong enough to make you think it's good in this situation but weak enough to be behind often enough to make committing yourself to it -EV.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 AM

i dont see how this play gives u a chance to win the pot. raising the flop gives u the information you need. half your stack is not being commited. surely people dont automatically shove the rest of their stack if half is in in a situation like this?? please correct me if im wrong. good post btw.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:10 PM

call flop fold turn is best i think. Raising makes you too comitted and a call should shut down most villain with AK just as much as a raise.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 PM

I also have some trouble playing JJ and TT type of hands on a low card board.
Calling the flop and folding to the push on the turn is the right play here I guess. The only hand I can think of we can beat here is AK/Q of spades.

If villain just checked instead of a push, do we bet then assuming he missed the flop with 2 overs?