Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:23 AM

Default BvsB gutter + overs against very aggro postflop player

Guy plays 55/10 and is a big fish. As of yet no history with him. Things to note are his raise cbet is 35% and his turn aggression frequency is 70% and river is 80% so he is very aggro.

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $845.50
BB: $251.70
UTG: $691.60
MP: $666.30
CO: $432.10
BTN: $496.50

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB calls $10

Flop: ($28) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $20

<font color="blue">Usually against people raising flop cbets light I would b3b this spot but this guy is super aggro on the turn and stack sizes look about right to plan to c/r ai the turn although stack sizes could be a little bit deeper.</font>

Turn: ($108) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $76</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $791.50 and is All-In (about $140 left for him to call)</font>

<font color="blue">So I figure he definately folds out mid pairs which he'd probably bet, he would sometimes call a 9. Obviously stack a 3 or a T however I also feel like he would stack QJ, J8, and 87. All hands he would play like this to this point so its kind of for value, kind of as a bluff. Spew? </font>
Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: BvsB gutter + overs against very aggro postflop player

If he folded he didn't have a pair. I have noticed they do fold a lot in this spot though recently, but bluffing loose shorties is generally burning money.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Usually against people raising flop cbets light I would b3b this spot but this guy is super aggro on the turn and stack sizes look about right to plan to c/r ai the turn although stack sizes could be a little bit deeper.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, he has 200$ left on the turn and the pot is about 100$ - doesnŽt look too good against such a fish, heŽll only fold air to a C/RAI.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 AM

just b3b the flop. waiting till u have less fold equity and less outs v a shorty isnt ideal. u may well have pot commited a 9 which would be really bad