Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

First comment: I totally understand why Adanthar and Nat have not released everything they have. These guys know what they're doing. Give them a little time and I'm sure they'll handle it properly.

Second comment: I doubt there are any "new guys" in place. The people making the last public AP statement are the same people who made the first one. I am not saying this because I have any sort of insider knowledge of this that the rest of you don't. I am saying this from the point of view of common sense.

Until we get a fib-free story from AP covering everything, we need to reject anything else released from them.

For example, it is HIGHLY unlikely that AJ Green cheated without the help and complicity of Scott Tom. It is also unlikely that Tom was absent from his own home from August 20th to September 16th. It is further unlikely that AJ Green compromised the system on his own. It is even more unlikely that the superuser access began only when Green decided to abuse the system in August.

Also, when is AP going to announce where the $10,000 in popcorn money went? What charity received it?

Also, why hasn't Mark Seif come up with the stuckinpgh hand histories, as promised? What is the delay regarding a matter so simple? Also, is Seif planning upon aplogizing to me for attacking my character in relation to my (true) claims about superuser cheating on AP?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Two things:

First, I have talked to someone in the industry very familiar with AP and they said that Scott was running AP and always will. He was not in Panama. He was at all meetings around the time of the AP and UB merger as well.

Second, there was another incident at the WSOP in 2006. AP gave away a car lease for a year as a draw and it was rigged for a friend of the employee. They (the employee and the friend) sold the car back to the dealership and split the money. I don't know what happened to the employee.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for scuminess.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Dear Yahoo!:
How did the term "scott free" come about?

http://ask.yahoo.com/20060712.html

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, it is HIGHLY unlikely that AJ Green cheated without the help and complicity of Scott Tom. It is also unlikely that Tom was absent from his own home from August 20th to September 16th.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't that (second?)aircraft accident report say that the plane was TAKING OFF on Sept 14th? And Scott Tom was aboard?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Two things:

First, I have talked to someone in the industry very familiar with AP and they said that Scott was running AP and always will. He was not in Panama. He was at all meetings around the time of the AP and UB merger as well.

Second, there was another incident at the WSOP in 2006. AP gave away a car lease for a year as a draw and it was rigged for a friend of the employee. They (the employee and the friend) sold the car back to the dealership and split the money. I don't know what happened to the employee.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for scuminess.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you sell back a car that was "leased"?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 AM

Nat and Adanthar,
At this point I recommend holding onto all of your information at this point until AP comes clean and confirms all that you have. If you publicly confirm what they say everytime they dribble something out, that helps them figure out what you have. If AP never brings out all that you have I would consider contracting with an investigative novelist to begin a book with what has transpired and release what you have in that. This would provide a lasting record of the whole thing.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 AM

I've been thinking... my former employer had a sweepstakes drawing, and there are some serious legalities involved in those contests. If they rigged a sweepstakes held in the US, then that's some serious crap. The same with a fake charity drive held in Vegas. Rigging stuff on an offshore poker site is one thing, but blatant fraud on US soil is another thing entirely. If these allegations are proven, then they're in deep doo-doo.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM

some of you are really living in a dream world if you expected AP to say more than this. i was surprised that they were even this forthcoming.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM

I just want to highlight that there is no evidence - beyond an anonymous poster on an internet message board - that there was any wrong doing by AP in the car raffle and/or the charity popcorn.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM

What is with the "Give the new guys a chance" argument? This organization has done nothing but lie, insult, and stonewall from the get go. They don't deserve a chance to do anything other than to become 100% transparent.

Also Ikestoys: While your current position is reasonable and understandable, do you not see how you are encouraging AP to continue to spin, divert, and deceive by making claims that people will return "when it all blows over". Even if that is the truth as you currently know it, why plaster the thread with it?

Just sayin....
Closed Thread