Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A rogue programmer who feels he got ripped off by AP management would fit a lot of the actions. Perhaps he didn't get the fair compensation he felt he deserved while Scott Tom lives a lavish lifestyle. By cheating in the rather obvious manner with mgt. accts he discredits AP, acquires a huge pile of cash so he can make a quick exit and watch the company burn to the ground while sipping margaritas and earning 20% in T-bills. Maybe they can get Alan Rickman to play the part.

Cro

[/ QUOTE ]

He would've not only needed to play with the management accounts, but use the IPs of those respective account holders' homes and businesses as well.

Not likely, if not impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

IP addresses are not hard to spoof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not hard to spoof? Yeah, that's true assuming you don't want any responses sent back to your machine. If you have a client running, then spoofing is ungodly difficult.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the date of the first instance if suspected cheating that we are aware of?

Cro

[/ QUOTE ]

There was talk back at the beg of after the 8.0 update. (mid august maybe?)

Players steamroller and greycat were around before, but the play was DRASTICALLY different after the update...they started to play quite strangely and won huge amounts. Cant find the links now of the PT screenshots, but they are out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Initially people thought the update had something to do with it, but recently I've heard people saying that there was blatant cheating going on just prior to the update fwiw.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:04 PM

So does this mean that last year when i went from a few hundred to over 35k in omaha last year on UB and then a doomswitch suddenly went on? and ppl were folding aces full to my quads and showing, does that mean i will get compensated for all of that money?

the quads fold
Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

Cliffsnotes of this thread :

- As posted on P5s we expect Absolute Poker to release a statment probably nearing the end of the business day today in which they admit something wrong happened.

- 2+2 and P5s show how smart involved people can overcome corporate stupidity and greed.

- Both Nat and Adanthar have said there is more to things that they know but are waiting to see how Absolute's statement looks.

- BBV is getting somewhat anxious from lack of dramabombs in past 12 hours but eagerly awaits more exciting implications.

- Few expect the story released later to be a full account, mostly because of how Absolute has stonewalled to this point. We remain skeptical but await any an actual statement before further action.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the date of the first instance if suspected cheating that we are aware of?

Cro

[/ QUOTE ]

Players steamroller and greycat were around before, but the play was DRASTICALLY different after the update...they started to play quite strangely and won huge amounts. Cant find the links now of the PT screenshots, but they are out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Initially people thought the update had something to do with it, but recently I've heard people saying that there was blatant cheating going on just prior to the update fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not exactly sure when the update was and wasnt very active in HS games around that time so Im not an authority.

One thing that is fact is the DRASCTIC and sudden change in playing style of the suspect accounts
Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Can we not track down PICTURES of the accused founding fraternity members? In this day and age of digital photography, there just have to be pictures of these guys floating around the interweb (or stores in dig. camaeras of people who know / knew them).

Granted, I'm not sure what having their pictures would actually contribute to this thread, but it would help to put faces to these names (for me at least). Sure, they may be in Costa Rica, but given that it sounds like they live a pretty ballin' / jetsetting lifestyle, there have to be pictures of them out and about somewhere.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And, isn't a Brent one of the founding frat bros?

[/ QUOTE ]

To tie it all in one more time.

Brent Beckley was/is the VP of risk management and security at AP and was in Scott Tom's frat in Montana.
Brent Beckley's last known address is Miami.
Steamroller, a cheating account, is known to have played from Miami.
Absolute Poker's recent press releases come out of Miami.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cro

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not exactly sure when the update was and wasnt very active in HS games around that time so Im not an authority.

One thing that is fact is the DRASCTIC and sudden change in playing style of the suspect accounts

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget about the story of the email involving the beta testing of 8.0 software and steamroller's name. If this was done by Scott Tom, he already had the 8.0 client software at home. It may be only the client software that had the "fix" in it and had nothing to do with the server software.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Teddy, I have scoured for pictures. I can find no distinguishable pictures anywhere.

Scott Tom is known to have played live events in the States. He has interacted with people.
I have a hard time believing no picture can be found- but I think it will be a uniquely placed source that can come up with one. Basically someone stepping forward who says they know or have met the guy.
There is a pic that may or may not be him in another thread. Mark Seif in his chat at a table said effectively that wasn't Scott Tom. Take that however you want.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- 2+2 and P5s show how smart involved people can overcome corporate stupidity and greed.

[/ QUOTE ]
And congrats and many thanks to those who took charge of this. Unfortunately, I'm skeptical that their work is done. If the way AP has handled this situation in the past is any indication of how they will handle it from here on, I doubt I'm going to be satisfied with them when all is said and done.
Closed Thread