Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 AM

Default $2/4 NL AQ on button

Id like some input on this play, especially the preflop reraise. is it standard or too loose?

I have AQoff on button, UTG+1 (24/15) raises to $16, CO 25/20) calls and i raise to $48. Do you guys routinely raise in that position, call? fold?

Raiser then folded but CO called. $120 in pot, flop 942rainbow. CO checks, i bet $85. Is this good, bad or indifferent?

He calls. Turn (8) check check. Do you double barrel here?

River whiffs, he bets 3/4 pot and i fold.

Id really appreciate your comments on my play. Thanks alot.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: $2/4 NL AQ on button

Shameless bump.

Im trying hard to increase my overall aggression, but when i put myself in these situations i arent comfortable and usually the end result is as above, ie me getting outflopped/outplayed post flop.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 AM

awful play...only kidding its me lee
read 1st page on medium stakes under pokerhat , i posted same question..thought it would get some responses on correct forum

interesting....i prefer it in writing please
Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Pretty standard. I might check the flop sometimes and definetly bet the turn too some of the time. It all depends on your images. Think about the hand, CO has almost always something like 88 TT. Now does he fold them? I don't know, not against me but quite likely against you maybe? Actually in this spot I like your line the least. Either check the flop or bet the turn too since his range is full of mediocre made hands which almost always call one street and sometimes more.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:42 PM

Your reraisesize sucks hard.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:19 PM

check/fold the flop.

if you assume he's not cold calling a 3bet w/ less than AK, he probably has a decent pair. that is like the least scary flop in the world for a pair so he's not gonna let it go and your betting basically to bluff him off AK. if you think you can get him to fold a pair then you have to make up your mind on the flop and commit to firing 2 or 3 barrels to make that happen which is usually a pretty bad idea w/out a decent read. so yeah, flop bet sucks unless ur planning on putting more pressure on him later in the hand
Old 10-07-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty standard. I might check the flop sometimes and definetly bet the turn too some of the time. It all depends on your images. Think about the hand, CO has almost always something like 88 TT. Now does he fold them? I don't know, not against me but quite likely against you maybe? Actually in this spot I like your line the least. Either check the flop or bet the turn too since his range is full of mediocre made hands which almost always call one street and sometimes more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your comments, this is what i expected to hear, ie that the 3bet is solid (other than bet size), but i suck post flop.

My trouble is, until recently i only really 3bet aces and kings, so i expect the mid pp's to fold to my flop bet once they miss their set. This may be true at lower stakes where i live, but im not adjusting to more aggresive games. Also i cant quite bring myself to check the flop after i 3bet and hate the thought of double barrelling the turn with air. My mindset is completely wrong but knowing your flaws is the first step in fixing em right.

My 3bet size sucking was a bit of an eye opener too, i thought it was ok. Where do i need to be, about $70 into that pot? What if i was reraising just one villain, is $50 ok then, or still needs to be higher?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM

your 3bet size preflop is fine.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your 3bet size preflop is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Give me arguments for that lol
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM

i really dislike the reraise here preflop ... both these guys are lags so why not just calling since you know their raising range is large then if you hit an A on the flop play it hard

as played though i would most likely check flop because more often than not CO will be holding something along the lines of 99 TT JJ or so... and he isn't folding to your cont bet anyways ...

then you check turn and just give him the green light to fire the river ....

as played you need to fire a second barrel here and then if he checkraises you can easily fold and if he comes along again then you may have to give up on the river