Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Playing with Aces

I never know what to do in these situations. Should i just have shut it down after the flop calls and then check call to showdown? Though i wanted to throttle MP3 when he re-opened the betting for the SB since it was only a 1/2BB since it was the last of his stack. I suppose I knew i was beat and should have not called but at that point i figured its 17.5BB pot and 1BB more so just in the off chance no one had it...perhaps a leak.

Thanks
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between SB, Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by SB (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ks Qs (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has As Ac (two pair, aces and kings).
MP3 has 8c 8s (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: SB wins 18.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Playing with Aces

River should be an easy fold the second time. Also, make sure you choose 2+2 format for your post.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 PM

river is a fold. also, should your name be caffeinated?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 PM

A general rule of thumb is that one person can be bluffing but not two. It's true enough that the sting of folding the best hand when 2 morans go crazy with air doesn't last too long.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should i just have shut it down after the flop calls and then check call to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]
dont shut down after the flop calls. they could be calling with anything. Turn is an easy standard value bet.

However, everything changes once you got checkraised in a protected pot. At limits like this (unless the guy is an idiot) this is very rarely a bluff.

you also got some nice reads out of this hand which I hope you'd make a note of for future reference.

finally, dont post results even in white. they can influence comments and they dont matter when playing the hand. do however, give reads if you have them or at least say you are playing unknowns.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the replies. I suppose one of my problems is letting go in a protected pot after being checkraised.

I had just sat down at the table so both were unknowns and will not post the results until later next time as suggested.

Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. I suppose one of my problems is letting go in a protected pot after being checkraised.

I had just sat down at the table so both were unknowns and will not post the results until later next time as suggested.

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't necessarily have to fold to a turn checkraise, but it's read dependent. Yesterday a guy at my table tried to bluff me out of pots twice with a turn checkraise. The first time I called down and he had zilch, so I called him down the second time as well and he had zilch again. Without reads I probably call down from the turn, but not after that river action.