Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: AC 10-25 River Surprise

Turn and river bets may have been too small. Until villain showed river aggression I thought it was very possible he just had a big queen, and I was trying to make bets I thought he could call. Since river bluff raise was out of the question in my mind, I guess the negative of making less than pot size bets here is giving up value to a smaller 10 or a villain who can't get away from a big queen, while I gain some value in getting a big queen to call sometimes and maybe saving a little on river if he raises me and I find a fold.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Results

Thanks for all the feedback. Thought I might get flamed for folding here, but guess my play wasn't too ridiculous. Villain didn't show so I have no idea whether I was beat or not. At the time I thought Q10s was his most likely holding if I was beat, but I think he would play QQ this way much of the time too.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:59 AM

wow i couldnt even fathom a fold here unless you know the guys middle name where he went to high school and what his favorite drink is. All you know is he's a little tightish and its your first trip to AC (so u cant know him too well). I call, and expect to see donkish stuff plenty of the time (along w/ occasional Tx).
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Vomit.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:38 PM

man i call all day long here especially getting over 3:1 on my river call. However i would expect to see a turned full house a small percantage of the time. Neverless folding here is -ev play IMO
Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 PM

I think I witness this hand. Was the Villian in the 2 seat and you were in the six seat or close to that? The villian is a young guy wearing a hat and glasses? I'll let you know my opinion if this is the situation you were talking about.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man i call all day long here especially getting over 3:1 on my river call. However i would expect to see a turned full house a small percantage of the time. Neverless folding here is -ev play IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

102? 22? huh?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:58 PM

On the river, how many hands will your opponent call 2k with that wouldn't bet a similar amount if checked to?

I think you can get the money in as a decent favorite here by c/r'ing the river.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:49 PM

well, it's a guy who doesn't raise with top 2 pair on a board with no straights or flushes.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:48 PM

In my opinion this is definitely a fold, but a tough one only because of the river pot odds. First of all, what kind of donkey would raise with QQ in this position? The correct move is to slowplay the boat. Also, I don't think the guy would put you on AA, KK, or AQ because you bet all the way thru. Being out of position, most players would be afraid of the other player holding the 10, unless of course you have it. You are also showing strength throughout the hand, especially against 4 other players, so it's possible that YOU'RE the one with QQ. If the villain had only a 10 on the flop, and not a boat, he would have raised on the flop with one caller in the hand to chase out the draws. Finally, he is a passive player and checked top 2 earlier.