Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Slate.com on race and IQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This subject might be relevant if there was a significant difference between an IQ of 95 and 115.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not significant at all really, just double the difference between average Jew and non-Jewish white.

Also, the effect of a mean difference becomes more pronounced as you move away from the mean (in both directions).

[/ QUOTE ]

according to this book, average Israeli IQ is below that of many european nations. Is the book inaccurate? Where is your data from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have specified Ashkenazi Jews. Israel has huge numbers of Arabs and non-Ashkenazi Jews. Most Jews in western countries are Ashkenazi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_intelligence

I generally don't like to cite wiki for this type of stuff but I don't feel like surfing the web to find more reliable stuff, you can do that on your own time if you are interested.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Slate.com on race and IQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This subject might be relevant if there was a significant difference between an IQ of 95 and 115.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not significant at all really, just double the difference between average Jew and non-Jewish white.

Also, the effect of a mean difference becomes more pronounced as you move away from the mean (in both directions).

[/ QUOTE ]

according to this book, average Israeli IQ is below that of many european nations. Is the book inaccurate? Where is your data from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have specified Ashkenazi Jews. Israel has huge numbers of Arabs and non-Ashkenazi Jews. Most Jews in western countries are Ashkenazi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_intelligence

I generally don't like to cite wiki for this type of stuff but I don't feel like surfing the web to find more reliable stuff, you can do that on your own time if you are interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ashkenazi Jews may be statistical outliers because they have one of the strongest founder effects of any population out there. Their gene pool is so small they are the basis for many studies on rare genetic conditions.

Inbreeding FTW imo.