Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Gimme a line with QQ. 1/2 NL

Before I saw turn action I wasn't sure about c/f'ing turn... because he raised preflop. I think a lot more of his PF raising range missed this flop rather than hit it hard.

On the river, given the turn check/check, I'd be inclined to check to induce a bluff on the river and call.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I saw turn action I wasn't sure about c/f'ing turn... because he raised preflop. I think a lot more of his PF raising range missed this flop rather than hit it hard.

On the river, given the turn check/check, I'd be inclined to check to induce a bluff on the river and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very bad advice. This hits a ton of raising hands very, very, very hard. How exactly did this flop miss 77+, JT, T9, 87, etc?!?

Let's move on to your river advice.

If you check here, what's he going to bluff? Remember he called the flop. So he either had a pair (or better) or a draw. Now, what ONE pair hand is he going to turn into a bluff on the river? You think he called the flop with 66 to check the turn and then bluff the river? Of course not. If he wanted to bluff with 66 he would have done it on that perfect turn card.

If he bets the river, you are smoke. He might call a river bet with KJ/AJ or so, but for the most part, I think c/f is the right river line.

Edit: removed my reference to 99 because it isn't one-pair, lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM

bilbos advice is spot on here. good post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very bad advice. This hits a ton of raising hands very, very, very hard. How exactly did this flop miss 77+, JT, T9, 87, etc?!?

If you check here, what's he going to bluff? Remember he called the flop. So he either had a pair (or better) or a draw. Now, what ONE pair hand is he going to turn into a bluff on the river? You think he called the flop with 66 to check the turn and then bluff the river? Of course not. If he wanted to bluff with 66 he would have done it on that perfect turn card.

If he bets the river, you are smoke. He might call a river bet with KJ/AJ or so, but for the most part, I think c/f is the right river line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pokerstoved { 22+, ATs+, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AKo }

Got 51% equity with QQ on the river. Given his propensity to bluff, would a c/c be out of line here?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 PM

so you think that that's his range to bet on the river?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM

c/f. if he is bluffing this time you will def have him eventually and get paid. oop makes this a tough spot. set is def in his range here + AA/KK and even J10s is not imposs.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I pokerstoved { 22+, ATs+, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AKo }

Got 51% equity with QQ on the river. Given his propensity to bluff, would a c/c be out of line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain bets that range on the river, he's retardedly aggro.

And if he's that donkishly aggro, ask yourself why he didn't bluff the turn when you checked.

I think the only hand you beat that villain MIGHT turn into a bluff is AJ. Maybe KQ if he's bad enough to call the flop with a gutshot + overs but then NOT bluff the turn card, which is about the most perfect bluff card you could ever hope for. REALLY unlikely.