Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: A6s

Kit - now that you put it that way I cannot but agree about preflop. I didn't stop to consider MP1's hand preflop (probably because there are no stats given for him - my bad all the same).

I'd still wait for a safe turn card to protect my hand. We are not too happy to see a 8,(9),T,J,(Q),K or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn. The pot is also smallish on the flop.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM

I play it the same. Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Preflop: I see calling or folding as a matter of preference. As Kit points out you have the possiblity of an iso raise, you have equity; however, you are going to be playing an easily dominated hand out of position on 2 opponents.

Flop: I do not like the flop raise. It is not for protection as you are not getting MP1 to lay down any FD or OESD because the pot is inflated due to the PFR. Also, CO can pretty much call one additional bet with any hand he was raising with to isolate with on the flop. For example, if he has KQ, he is correct to call the flop raise to hit two pair or if he has K-10 he can correctly call for the gutshot. Only time there is real value is if MP1 folds and CO calls with a pocket pair (obviously not AA, QQ, or 99). I'd rather scarifice a little value on the flop, just call, and see if a non-scary turn card comes off.

T: Check this turn card as it is horrid for your hand, especially given MP1's cold call on the flop.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to those who fold preflop: cant you guys recognize an iso raise when you see one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess not.

I guess I don't raise that lightly so I don't expect to *be* raised that lightly. I guess I should change both of those things!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to those who fold preflop: cant you guys recognize an iso raise when you see one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess not.

I guess I don't raise that lightly so I don't expect to *be* raised that lightly. I guess I should change both of those things!

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't found isolation raises to be particularly effective at our (nano) levels Hermann - it is so rare to go into a raised flop with fewer than 4 players that it is usually not worth raising without a raiseworthy hand. That can be changed a lot by relative position (i.e. the people after you are all fairly tight, and the limper is fairly loose). Yet another reason seat selection is so important.

That said, the hand is at a higher limit than I've been playing and iso raises might work better higher up.

As for the hand, I think I'd play it the same. TPNK against that board is too weak to go any further without a strong read on the villain.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Huggs, none from three.

Preflop: You're getting 4:1, without thinking too much, I'm giving my hand at least it's 20% equity.

Flop: The number of AK-A7 hands he can have here is nothing compared to the KK-88, Kx, Qx and whatever other junk he could be raising there preflop. Being that he will c-bet this almost all the time, his bet doesn't define his hand and you are ahead more than you are behind.

If you call the flop bet, you are giving MP1 correct odds to call (correcly) with anything that has as few as 5 outs. i.e. any paired hand, and there are lots of them in his range. Not to mention the gutshots that can call (correcly) with implied odds.

If you raise the flop, MP1 needs more like 10 outs to call profitably and will make more incorrect calls with less than those outs.

I think the point is, on this flop, the pot is building and you want to do whatever you can to improve your chances of winning.

Turn: Someone already said, you can't let this get checked through.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 PM

Looks standard, its a bad situation. I play every street the same way.

That was just about the worst turn card for you. Not much you could do about this one.

NH