Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/29 - spoilers possible)

[ QUOTE ]

Why donīt we just trust Brandon Adams ?

"The whole thing was a lot of fun for me. I watched all the stuff when I wasn't playing... the 500k min buy session is going to be the best poker TV of all time."

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad he had fun cause he was boring for all the viewers...
Old 11-01-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I basically think the only thing that anyone (posting here at least) really knows about J-man's edge if any in that game is that 50 hands proves nothing either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. and had i not ever read his post making his report of his appearance on the show i'd have never taken the time to think more of him. once i read his post then watched him play, i felt that he came across very poorly. humility would serve him greatly.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish we could see more people who actually know how to play poker and are also talkative and entertaining. I don't think there was a single one of them (who had all those qualities) at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Negrano fills all those things, but he probably plays too many hands....
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 should make a new rule:
you may only criticize players if you have made more profit in No-Limit Texas Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a better rule is you can only call people on things you yourself were never stupid enough to do. IE mucking the winning hand.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WOW !! that next episode trailer was the sickest [censored] ever !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell is this Frenchman who, according to Doyle, is the only guy in the 500K game that can actually afford to play that high? I've never seen him before.

[/ QUOTE ]

guy. he's rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

noaitima right!?!?!?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as jman said, he had given up on the hand on the flop already, he just wasn't even thinking about his hand at the showdown I guess - but it doesn't say anything about the quality of his game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So flopping a pair where everyone checks throught the river makes you give up on a hand? Again... Not impressed. That does not really defend his misake... it makes me question his play more.

If he just came out and said he was thrown off by the environment and was nervous that would be the end of it, instead I hear lame excuse after lame excuse for his play, like some how he is a mastermind that is just misunderstood.

You think it is possible that someone with 3 jacks or 2 aces might have thrown out a raise on the turn or the river to see if anyone else was game?

But you are claiming he flopped a pair and decided he was done.... even when nobody else bet. He was the only one to bet the entire hand.

So please enlighten me and my ignorance and explain to me how this was really a high level play that I just don't understand.. Giving up on your 7s in that situation. I really want to learn.

Not to mention even if he did give up on them, that is not an excuse for mucking your hand.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Newsflash Einstein, not investing lots of chips in marginal situations separates winners from losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the problem with your understanding of the situation and JMan's strategy.

The goal for that mini-session should not have been to be a winner. That is a total mis-read of the entire game.

So even though Jman did end up winning for the session, he ended up a big loser.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, and that is the point that was being made about marginal situations. Sometimes you need to make plays to get others to play.

Not everyone in the world plays poker like they are a computer. It almost makes me think you could have replaced Jman with a Jman computer and it would have played EXACTLY the same (except it would not have mucked the hand.). There is more to live poker than just the numbers.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Farha can do completely spastic things like make that K7o call and you just respond by spouting meaningless cliches about how he "has gamble" and is a great player who would run over us stupid internits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the difference is that people are not defending Farha as some kind of Demi-god/guru who can do no wrong and would only dominate all the donks at the table given the chance. You are right, tons of bad play at that table... nobody is defending the play of Farha, everyone knows it is ridiculous.

The question is why do some choose to defend the few ridiculous things Jman did?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Farha can do completely spastic things like make that K7o call and you just respond by spouting meaningless cliches about how he "has gamble" and is a great player who would run over us stupid internits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the difference is that people are not defending Farha as some kind of Demi-god/guru who can do no wrong and would only dominate all the donks at the table given the chance. You are right, tons of bad play at that table... nobody is defending the play of Farha, everyone knows it is ridiculous.

The question is why do some choose to defend the few ridiculous things Jman did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're fanboys? Mucking a winning hand like he did can't be defended no matter what. An experienced player would always check whether his hand was good or not in a 27 000$ pot.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM

i dont see anyone defending his muck. i see more people saying he made a mistake and watching the live donks overreact to it