Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: EM2 IS IN JAIL RIGHT NOW

This thread has:

[ ] Saddened
[ ] Tilted
[X] Bored

[ ] me
[X] everyone
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mods, I propose a rule that anyone posting a "ZOMG American is a silly, strange, sucky, ect.. ad infinitum," please disclose the country they are from, otherwise they be banned. And, to all the knee jerk America sucks d-bags, please have the slightest clue before you post, OK, Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Denmark, btw.

Btw, I didn't say anything about "American sucks". I specifically said "sick laws" and "(sick) police actions" REFERRING TO A SPECIFIC EPISODE.

As the other poster, such an incident is not even close to what you could experience in Denmark, or any of the other 4 countries, I've been living in Europe in. It would simply be so incresible unheard of that demonstrations against the police might arise in the streets in weeks after if it was released (with provocative headlines) in the media.

And please note, that I still asked out of curiosity and was by no means judgmental about how American in general is as a country. I've been told good and bad, and only have the yearly stay in Vegas as my own experience.

Oh btw, if there should be something wrong with my spelling, grammar or sentence structure, it's not to be taken as an insult in the sense that I mean that Americans have stupid way of spelling stuff (and by your reasoning, think that American is a stupid country). It's simply because I'm not American, or english, and therefore not fluent in English.

Take care,

Asger
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM

this kinda [censored] happens quite often in the suburbs by us. we mainly got [censored] cuz there were [censored] that sprinted out the back door at the first sign of police. haha, and then the rest of us hid upstairs and more doors got kicked in.. haha.
apparently there was a fight earlier in the night, im guessing the kid involved that no one really knew left and called the cops on the house.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it illegal to hold a party in your own house?
I'm not American, but seems like some pretty sick laws and police actions going on there...- AB

[/ QUOTE ]

Mods, I propose a rule that anyone posting a "ZOMG American is a silly, strange, sucky, ect.. ad infinitum," please disclose the country they are from, otherwise they be banned ., OK, Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to shock you, but many of us live in a free country that doesn't require us to identify ourselves or fear punitive measures without just reason.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mods, I propose a rule that anyone posting a "ZOMG American is a silly, strange, sucky, ect.. ad infinitum," please disclose the country they are from, otherwise they be banned. And, to all the knee jerk America sucks d-bags, please have the slightest clue before you post, OK, Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Denmark, btw.

Btw, I didn't say anything about "American sucks". I specifically said "sick laws" and "(sick) police actions" REFERRING TO A SPECIFIC EPISODE.

As the other poster, such an incident is not even close to what you could experience in Denmark, or any of the other 4 countries, I've been living in Europe in. It would simply be so incresible unheard of that demonstrations against the police might arise in the streets in weeks after if it was released (with provocative headlines) in the media.

And please note, that I still asked out of curiosity and was by no means judgmental about how American in general is as a country. I've been told good and bad, and only have the yearly stay in Vegas as my own experience.

Oh btw, if there should be something wrong with my spelling, grammar or sentence structure, it's not to be taken as an insult in the sense that I mean that Americans have stupid way of spelling stuff (and by your reasoning, think that American is a stupid country). It's simply because I'm not American, or english, and therefore not fluent in English.

Take care,

Asger

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fine. Glad to hear from you. First I must say I really am a fan of Denmark's traditional love of personal freedoms. In lots of ways America has 'drifted' too far away from the Danish model. However, police 'overreactions' are not exclusive to America. Here are a few fine Danish examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_c0...ed&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkidjxXHag
http://www.guerrilla-innovation.com/.../12/000253.php
And btw, seemingly unnecessary police reaction, if caught on video especially, usually sparks protest here as well('don't taze me bro').

The 21 year old legal drinking age is stupid, I agree. If there is a legal drinking age at all, it should be no more than 18. As to the "specific Incident' we don't exactly have all the facts as to why the police acted as they allegedly did.

I am sorry if I mis-characterized the nature of your post.
-Skål. Bunden i vejret eller resten i håret.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 AM

in germany we have nazis

great discussion
Old 09-26-2007, 10:03 AM

buddy - you're looking for http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...Board=politics

if you don't change soon, everyone else will be looking for http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggle...eaded&page=
Old 09-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Well played, Josem. I feel less guilty for the cat picture now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
buddy - you're looking for http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...Board=politics

if you don't change soon, everyone else will be looking for http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggle...eaded&page=

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't linking to ignore grounds for a ban?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:47 AM

wow BBV = politics now or something? weak sauce IMO