Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

[ QUOTE ]
to the guys not getting laid for years:

do you have super high-standards or no game whatsoever (or both)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally my 3 year streak that recently ended was mostly a combo of no game and lack of social interaction because of my job and limited # of (all male) friends. Definitely not overly high standards. I had social anxiety problems in highschool so I was basically an outcast (Avoidant Peronality Disorder if anyones interested). Then I commuted to college which doesn't lend itself to having a great time/making lots of friends/meeting women. Now I sit at a computer at work all day in an IT department of only 5 people. All are much older than me (I'm 25 they're 40+). I have like 3 or 4 close long time friends (all male) I hang out with on weekends but never had balls to go up to girls and start a conversation. In general I just don't meet enough new people.

Oh and I agree with whoever said that ending the streak is only great because of the fact that the streak ended, its not much better than when you're having it all the time imo. Much more about who its with then how long its been.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow 3 years is a [censored] longass time

[/ QUOTE ]

After about the first year it doesn't really register any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with that. For me, it registers. Every time I see a decent looking girl I'm reminded that I'm not hittin anything. But I've grown accustomed to it. That is, I've grown accustomed to knowing that I won't be hittin anything any time soon.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you really are making some broad assumptions, that arent true. Ive been through many stages in regards to how I am socially, from HS where I talked to maye 3 girls, to what I am now. There is a difference between "not trying to get laid", and being a socially akward pariah. I think you misunderstand how I operate, I never ever ever go out looking to get laid. Im not one of those guys that calls up his friends and says "hey maaaan, lets go out and get some poontang tonight" (I was after HS, when I was a moran), now I just do stuff that I consider fun (drinking, poker, golf, whatever), and the rest is just details, it just happens that its easier to find girls when you are doing your own thing. I went through the many stages of akwardness, like some of you are in now, so I knwo exactly what Im talking about.

If you dont like smoky bars, and actualyl worry about finding a girl, find some new interests, even if you dont do it regularly, try some random crap out to see if you like ti. If you arent worried abotu finding a girl/are asexual, then we shouldnt even be having this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I do like pretending you're this ridiculous Goodfellas character, as you well know. But no, aside from that, I'm hearing you. I mean, I do the stuff I enjoy, too, maybe not as much of it as I should. There just aren't very many girls involved. I've met less than ten girls I would have any real potential interest in in the last year (the chick I just laid is not one of them); one ended up a minor dramabomb, the others either had boyfriends / relationships or they just drifted away after I only saw them once or twice. (I regret that this is suddenly about me.)

I think you're probably spot-on with the 'new interests' suggestion. I'm pretty broke at the moment, which is a severe social hindrance, but I hope to be un-broke very soon. The more lasting problem is that I have problems interested in new *anything* sometimes - new people, new activities, etc. I do a lot of guessing and pre-judging, and have a lot of faith in my ability to 'just know' all about something before I actually experience it. I'm probably almost as full of [censored] w re: to my capacity to predict [censored] like that as anyone, but I still tend to trust it too much.

Some of the rest of you, how do you respond to this.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM

8 months and it was because I joined the military.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:09 PM

I honestly think that another problem a lot of guys have nowadays is that they dont think men and women can be friends. which is pure [censored], and I dont care what anyone says. I would so much rather go out to dinner with 3 or 4 girls, and joke, laugh, act like morons, than with a bunch of dudes, and for no other reason, that unless it the guys are one of my 3 best friends, Im going to laugh harder and have a much better time hanging out with women than men. It may seem weird, but most of them are much more fun than guys when it comes to social stuff as they talk more, express more, and are generally sillier.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8 months and it was because I joined the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess then it isn't true that all women in the military are slooots?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think that another problem a lot of guys have nowadays is that they dont think men and women can be friends. which is pure [censored], and I dont care what anyone says. I would so much rather go out to dinner with 3 or 4 girls, and joke, laugh, act like morons, than with a bunch of dudes, and for no other reason, that unless it the guys are one of my 3 best friends, Im going to laugh harder and have a much better time hanging out with women than men. It may seem weird, but most of them are much more fun than guys when it comes to social stuff as they talk more, express more, and are generally sillier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting, guids.

When I was in high school and college, I had a ton of female friends. Now, at the age of 26, I find hanging out with most of the women I know much less fun than chilling with my boys.

-McGee
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM

I dont know anyone who thinks men and women cant be friends, but I dont think men and women can be friends when one has a crush on the other.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know anyone who thinks men and women cant be friends, but I dont think men and women can be friends when one has a crush on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres posts about every other day saying that men and women cant be friends, look at one of the Dr. Doms posts, he has a whole thread dedicated to it.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting, guids.

When I was in high school and college, I had a ton of female friends. Now, at the age of 26, I find hanging out with most of the women I know much less fun than chilling with my boys.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talkign about my 3 best guy friends that Ive known since I was 3, and were my roomates for a couple years, than ya, Id rather hang out with them, but they all are married etc, so I dont get to see them as much. My other guy-friends just arent as fun as the girls I know.