Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Multi-tabling

Hi all,

Sorry for my constant questions but you guys are the experts :P

I've been playing poker on and off for around a year now, a month playing 2-3 off. Probably broken even over it all, down in cash games and up in MTT's. I'm determined to become a good cash player though as its so much easier then being stuck doing something for hours upon end where if something comes up (wife comes home :P) you can't leave.

I've got a very very very small sample size at the moment, around 750 hands, around 12 hours of play, up $15 playing at stars $5NL. Bankroll is $200.

Now I want to learn, and if its going be detrimental I won't do it, but whats your thoughts on multi-tabling. I'm only thinking two tables, not the crazy 8+ I know some people can do. Because usually I can only spend 2-4 hours a day on poker I want to try and get experiance quickly. I know sometimes there are no shortcuts but do you think that its going to be a huge impact on my game having two tables open? Twice the hands can only help assuming I can concentrate enough.

Any articles or opinions on multi tabling for a beginner like me, who is up but not over anything significant would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Multi-tabling

I am no expert but personally I think any more than 2 tables when you are trying to learn is detrimental. You won't be able to develop your thought processes enough. I would invest in Pokertracker if you haven't already and review your hands after every session.

I have lurked on here for years and have found the depth of knowledge gained by posting hands and offering opinions is much better than trying to passively learn by reading.

Good luck
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 AM

For the info of this post, I have poker tracker and pokerace hud.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Two tables is really simple, I'd recommend playing that many to any beginners. Especially 6-max, you aren't going to be in any rush and should be able to develop specific reads from every opponent. More hands is faster learning. But two is a good starting point. Playing just a single table can get a bit dull and you'll likely end up playing too loose.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

playing too many tables will mess u up. playing to few is boring.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:14 AM

[censored] two tavle\s. [;au 4 caise osts tje best. o, drunk.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two tables is really simple, I'd recommend playing that many to any beginners. Especially 6-max, you aren't going to be in any rush and should be able to develop specific reads from every opponent. More hands is faster learning. But two is a good starting point. Playing just a single table can get a bit dull and you'll likely end up playing too loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on. Get very familiar and very comfortable with how your opponents play and how to beat them. You'll find out opponents' mistakes quickly, find quick little niches to exploit that and will want to jack it up to 3 tables in no time as you have more time to think.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been playing poker on and off for around a year now, a month playing 2-3 off.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should work on opening up your range. 2-3 off is not a very good hand and is going to cost you money in the long run.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
o, drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've been playing poker on and off for around a year now, a month playing 2-3 off.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should work on opening up your range. 2-3 off is not a very good hand and is going to cost you money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about for scooping? I thought that was important for Holding Them poker?