Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 PM

Default first time playing small stakes

I just started playing NL for the first time and have had pretty good success at NL 10. I recently moved up to NL25 and upon advise got pokertracker.

Im not really sure where my numbers should be at so any help would be great. I only have avsmall sample size so far (3k hands) so Im not really putting any stock into it. My main stats are 31/18 for 6max.

Also how many hands should you play before trying to move up? Ive been running at 30BB/100 but recognize this is probably just me running very well and not likely to hold.

Thanks for any help with the most basic of poker knowledge
Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: first time playing small stakes

Read the stickys. All this info and more is in there.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read the stickys. All this info and more is in there.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.

Basically, though, your stats are kind of LAGgy, which is fine. If you're experienced and have a solid understanding of the TAG game, you can be very successful and manipulate opponents well. Generally, though, people on these boards will tell you that you play a bit too loose and a solid TAG game can crush the games as is, so it's unnecessary to open up your game now, etc. That's all fine and true, but if you're comfortable playing that loose, you'll be fine.

Move up based on comfort level and bankroll size. 35kish hands and you'll have a decent feel for the game, but people will still tell you it's too small of a sample size to know anything about how well you play. At NL25 and NL50, you'll start to see multitabling TAGs and supernits. Run PA, and get good at recognizing these players - exploiting them is still very possible, but will be a biit slower and trickier than your normal donks. Always helps to check up on a player you think is a huge multitabler - if he's got 12 tables going at a time, that can be valuable info.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 AM

for 25NL I'd think a fairly nitty style of 18->20ish/15/3 or somethin like that would be ideal. Your numbers look wayyy too loose. I wouldn't 3bet light ever or anything like that.