Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 PM

Default help a first time fantasy baseballer!

i suck at search function, but i suck even worse at fantasy baseball, if i have questions is this the right forum to post them in? good god i have no idea what i'm doing.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Right forum for fantasy baseball advice?

This forum is best for fantasy sports.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:16 PM

so these are my basic questions.

first of all, i picked kerry wood up while he was on the DL and left him sitting there for a while. i had a DL spot so i figured i might as well use it.

but now he's off the DL, and i have Gary Sheffield on my team, who isn't showing much desire to play... i'd like to use my DL spot on him, but i have no idea what to do with Wood. My current starting pitchers are Javier Vazquez, Dan Haren, Brett Meyers, Bronson Arroyo, Kevin Millwood, and Roy Oswalt. i pretty much picked Wood up on name alone, is he going to be good enough this year to replace any of those starters? who should i drop in order to keep him?

i guess th epitching stats are needed, we keep track of Wins, Losses, complete games, shut outs, k's, saves, and whip.

i have about a million other questions on how to help my crappy team that somehow ended up with like 4 third basemen thanks to my shoddy managing skills. anyone any help at all? i'd appreciate it greatly.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so these are my basic questions.

first of all, i picked kerry wood up while he was on the DL and left him sitting there for a while. i had a DL spot so i figured i might as well use it.

but now he's off the DL, and i have Gary Sheffield on my team, who isn't showing much desire to play... i'd like to use my DL spot on him, but i have no idea what to do with Wood. My current starting pitchers are Javier Vazquez, Dan Haren, Brett Meyers, Bronson Arroyo, Kevin Millwood, and Roy Oswalt. i pretty much picked Wood up on name alone, is he going to be good enough this year to replace any of those starters? who should i drop in order to keep him?

i guess th epitching stats are needed, we keep track of Wins, Losses, complete games, shut outs, k's, saves, and whip.

i have about a million other questions on how to help my crappy team that somehow ended up with like 4 third basemen thanks to my shoddy managing skills. anyone any help at all? i'd appreciate it greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant drop any of those pitchers for wood, can you drop a position player?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:42 PM

ummm i don't know=) you want to tell me?

this is what my lineup looks like right now.

c: Jorge Posada (c)
1b: Paul Konerko (1b)
2b: Bill hall (2b, 3b, SS)
3b: Joe Crede(3b)
SS: Miguel Tejada (SS)
OF: Scott Podsednik (OF)
OF: Chad Tracy (1b, 3b, OF)
OF: Jonny Gomes (OF)
Util: Edwin Encarnacion (3b)
BN: Jimmy Rollins (SS), Craig Biggio (2b), Gary Sheffield (OF, DL)

I feel like i have quite a log jam in the 2b, 3b, ss corner, but with sheffield on the DL it's left me kind of thin on the outfield. but i don't know what i really need, or how to package what i have to get what i need. looking at statistics i'm middle of the pack in runs, above average in triples, middle of the pack in home runs, below average in RBI, above average stolen bases, near the top in assists, below average fielding percentage, middle of the pack in batting average.

on the pitching side of things, i'm slightly above average in wins, although i've had terrible luck lately in picking who to pitch where and who not to pitch. i'm near the bottom in losses (in a bad way), middle of the pack in complete games and at the bottom in shutouts, middle of the pack with saves, very top in strikeouts, middle in ERA, above average WHIP. for RP, i have Tom Gordon, Billy Wagner, and JJ Putz.

is this to much of a mess to save?
Old 05-19-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm i don't know=) you want to tell me?

this is what my lineup looks like right now.

c: Jorge Posada (c)
1b: Paul Konerko (1b)
2b: Bill hall (2b, 3b, SS)
3b: Joe Crede(3b)
SS: Miguel Tejada (SS)
OF: Scott Podsednik (OF)
OF: Chad Tracy (1b, 3b, OF)
OF: Jonny Gomes (OF)
Util: Edwin Encarnacion (3b)
BN: Jimmy Rollins (SS), Craig Biggio (2b), Gary Sheffield (OF, DL)

I feel like i have quite a log jam in the 2b, 3b, ss corner, but with sheffield on the DL it's left me kind of thin on the outfield. but i don't know what i really need, or how to package what i have to get what i need. looking at statistics i'm middle of the pack in runs, above average in triples, middle of the pack in home runs, below average in RBI, above average stolen bases, near the top in assists, below average fielding percentage, middle of the pack in batting average.

on the pitching side of things, i'm slightly above average in wins, although i've had terrible luck lately in picking who to pitch where and who not to pitch. i'm near the bottom in losses (in a bad way), middle of the pack in complete games and at the bottom in shutouts, middle of the pack with saves, very top in strikeouts, middle in ERA, above average WHIP. for RP, i have Tom Gordon, Billy Wagner, and JJ Putz.

is this to much of a mess to save?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can drop biggio to activate Wood. I would also look to deal a SP for a guy to fill your utlity spot that isnt Encarnacion.