Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

I'll be pissed if Nikki is really gone, due to her hotness. I hope "Pablo" stays in the hole, though.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not sure why they introduced these characters in the first place. I was under the impression that they were to be used as a plot device to explain some mystery. What did this episode explain?

ALSO: At the end, just before the other spiders showed up, the monsters 'ch-ch-ch-ch' sound was heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to think of something it explained, and I can't really. It did give us some addittional insight into previous events. And it was entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok. When we saw the 'monster' as black smoke it was only through Mr. Ekho. From the previous episode we know that there is a magical box that will make whatever is in your mind real.
The other spiders could be a smoke manifestation...it's the form the magical box thing chose to take since Nikki knew about the male spiders.
Kind of rambling but do you see what I'm getting at?

[/ QUOTE ]

The scientist said the female spider's pheromones would attract tons of male spiders. She must have just forgotten that...
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Did you guys know that Paulo played Xerxes in 300? I had no idea when I watched it.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 PM

Two ways I can think of that cause someone to dig them in time to save them (no realistically, but I could see them trying to sell this):

1. Desmond has a flash or whatever and they dig them up as a result.

2. Someone wants the diamonds.

I kind of hope they are really dead though. Not necessarily because I want them off the show, just because it makes the episode way cooler imo.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, the smoke monster did it.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait....maybe I missed something, but where exactly did Nikki get those spiders from? They clearly lost their luggage, and even if she found her luggage would she really bother keeping them the entire time?

[/ QUOTE ]
You should really watch the episode again before asking more questions.

This was a very well written episode. Not at all what I was expecting, but I was thoroughly entertained.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sorry about all the question due to my not paying enough attention...will watch again now.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 PM

Yeah, watch Sawyer go back and try to dig up the diamonds, and get the [censored] scared out of him.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:02 AM

My friend has a theory as to what will happen next with Nikki/Paulo. I am convinced it's correct (mainly because I want it to be) after going back and watching some of the episode, so I'll post it in white:

<font color="white">Vincent is going to dig up the bodies. He pulled the tarp off of them before they were buried during this episode. Also, since their heart rate is low, they do not need much oxygen to live (dunno if this is true) so can survive until their hero digs them up.</font>
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Homer, that's a good one.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Ok if Paulo and Nikki are alive, we got nothing at all from the plot of this episode. Normally, the writers put some piece of information in the episode or something that is relevant to the future.
When Paulo was on the beach with Nikki, before he got up and Nikki found the nicotine gum, he said to Nikki how he was confident that they would eventually leave the island. When Nikki asked him how, he responded that he was simply being optimistic. bs. I think that he used the radio to contact someone, whoever he got on the other end, outside world or others (probably others) gave him some kind of hope of escape from the island. He couldn't tell Nikki this was the reason he was optimistic because then he would have to explain that he got the radio while in the hatch hiding the diamonds that he wasn't supposed to have. Does this theory make sense? This seems to be the only way that this episode has any effect on the future if Paulo and Nikki come out alive.