Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
Dan, Can you explain how the scoring rules are applied to NL 6max? Would be greatly interested to see how the players are rated, as I have looked over the data I have vs the scoring and really can't find similarities that make it easy to guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still interested in this, based on the scores each time hardly any of the tables at the times I play are in positive, partly I suspect due to my small datamined database and partly cos I play UK evening.

But even saying that the people who score 1-2 are not normally people I am looking to play with, this is a positive its making me look at analysing the non loose passive fish and thinking what leaks have they got. To help this though understanding the scoring would be helpful.

How are people finding the standard scoring? anyone suggestions on adjustments for 6 max NL.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't even work. The "focus" jumps all over and my tables can't be detected, when I know I'm in the right list.

I just had to turn it off, it was useless. Back to the old method til this gets straightened out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently lots of people are having problems with it. Hopefully we'll have a fix for this very soon.

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is running insanely slow, taking 10 min to scan the tables

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables & players is it scanning? How many databases did you connect to?

Note that after the first scoring of the tables, the 2nd time and beyond is MUCH faster because it uses the internal statistics cache.

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about the option to include our name in the program so that tables we are on don't show up in the list?

Edit: Also, an option to make it not always auto-join the waitlist...Sometimes I use sixthsense for datamining(find the tables that I have the least info on) and with this option I can't really do that anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

You can add yourself to the buddy list and give yourself a score of -1000. Then either change the Table Filter to filter out very low buddy scores, or you can use the Custom Table Format option to give that row a different look.

As for the table opening & joining, we are going to overhaul how that works. I'm sure we'll make it an option.

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dan, Can you explain how the scoring rules are applied to NL 6max? Would be greatly interested to see how the players are rated, as I have looked over the data I have vs the scoring and really can't find similarities that make it easy to guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still interested in this, based on the scores each time hardly any of the tables at the times I play are in positive, partly I suspect due to my small datamined database and partly cos I play UK evening.

But even saying that the people who score 1-2 are not normally people I am looking to play with, this is a positive its making me look at analysing the non loose passive fish and thinking what leaks have they got. To help this though understanding the scoring would be helpful.

How are people finding the standard scoring? anyone suggestions on adjustments for 6 max NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

The scoring rules were created using a system that predicts a player's BB/100. The simple logic is if they are losing money, you have more of a chance to win money. However, different play styles might prefer opponents other than the fish scored with our system. That's why we have a custom scoring system also.

I definitely think playing during the U.S. work hours will have tougher opponents.

On the Main menu, at the bottom is "Advanced", then select "Export Stat Cache to Excel". You will then be able to see all of the players, with their stats and fish scores. This might help you find what you need.

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 07:56 AM

Hey,

I don't understand the NumData field anymore...What I thought it was was just simply how many players I "knew" on that table(had stats for). Whenever I filter things I want my best tables to have atleast 4 players known on it, but I have no idea what number to use for the filter since it is a float now? Could you help out some with that? Thanks

Edit: Also, is there any plans to ever support WPEX in this project?

Thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 AM

Is there a way to color-code all tables that are open even if I'm not seated?

btw: As already reported, the new version doesn't find the monster tables and find (but not opens) the regular ones.
hope you fix that soon since I almost can't use ss because of that.

thx
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to color-code all tables that are open even if I'm not seated?

btw: As already reported, the new version doesn't find the monster tables and find (but not opens) the regular ones.
hope you fix that soon since I almost can't use ss because of that.

thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Color Coding - we dont have the option for something like this yet, but this idea (or some variation) is among the many details we will be adding to the program [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We've had an issue with the monster tables, I've been personally testing playing with it for hours, it seems like the "#" in the title screws something up. I'll keep working on a fix and hopefully will have a revised one up by the end of the day.

The non-monster tables arent opened if the table is full. It automatically adds you to the waitlist, but it is easy to miss because the window is just up for a fraction of a second.

What would you all prefer as a table-finding method? Automatically open the table? Automatically join the wait list? Aside from the bug with the monster tables, I thought it actually worked quite well. But i'm biased [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helps!
-Dan
Old 07-26-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I don't understand the NumData field anymore...What I thought it was was just simply how many players I "knew" on that table(had stats for). Whenever I filter things I want my best tables to have atleast 4 players known on it, but I have no idea what number to use for the filter since it is a float now? Could you help out some with that? Thanks

Edit: Also, is there any plans to ever support WPEX in this project?

Thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The NumData isnt just on a "1 or 0" basis any more. It takes into account how many hands you have on the player, so the player with 5 hands doesnt get the same score as one with 1000.

WPEX - Yes, but its lower on the priority list, simply because of how few tables they have.

-Dan [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Color Coding - we dont have the option for something like this yet, but this idea (or some variation) is among the many details we will be adding to the program [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We've had an issue with the monster tables, I've been personally testing playing with it for hours, it seems like the "#" in the title screws something up. I'll keep working on a fix and hopefully will have a revised one up by the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
great.

[ QUOTE ]

The non-monster tables arent opened if the table is full. It automatically adds you to the waitlist, but it is easy to miss because the window is just up for a fraction of a second.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bug: iirc it still tries to join the waitinglist when the table was full when ss scanned the table but is not full anymore when I want to open the table.

[ QUOTE ]

What would you all prefer as a table-finding method? Automatically open the table? Automatically join the wait list?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would just like it to open the table, but you should certainly make that configurable, though.

cheers,
Daniel