Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default FTP: plz explain why interacct transfers r getting ppl\'s accts locked!

I felt that this issue needed another thread, because the relevant info is buried in the huge person-to-person thread.

Can you please address the issue of interaccount transfers, and why several forum members who have been playing on FTP for YEARS (nearly since your inception in some cases), are having their accounts locked. KyleB & AllenBond come to mind, but there were at least a handful of other high-volume posters and longtime FTP players who are also frozen (with no other apparent transgression than having *received* transfers from the alleged 'infringers', although no one's even yet sure what these 'infringers' even did, other than a lot of interacct transfers). FTP support is apparently not even answering emails about this issue anymore.

My account is fine (as of now), but I use your interaccount transfer feature too (as do several people on these forums), and all we want is more information about just *WHY* these accounts are being locked so we don't run afoul of whatever FTP policy the 'infringers' apparently have.

Just give us a little transparency in the transfer process. What is and is not allowed? We understand that FTP is not a *bank* and that players shouldn't be allowed to treat it as such, by receiving transferred funds and immediately cashing out. Fine. But then tell people just what the playing requirements *are* for transferred funds. The opacity of this whole thing, coupled with the freezing of accounts of longtime FTP players for no other reason than they once received funds from alleged 'infringers' is troubling to everyone here.
<font color="blue">
***Lastly, let me again call your attention to this recent thread where it's nearly unanimous that there needs to be some additional 'security' measure in place for interaccount transfers. Your current protocol, whereby all you need to do is type in the person's screename is FAR to shady. Stars at least gives you the transferee's location (to ensure that u didn't make a typo). UB and Party require you to know the person's real name. Absolute requires that you know the person's email address. This issue is a no-brainer, and has garnered the unanimous support of people on this forum. You've been more or less responsive to issues that this forum has brought up in the past (the bot issue notwithstanding) -- this seems like a pretty simple change, and one that has NO downsides, only upsides. Make the transferor confirm either the transferee's real name or email address. </font>
Old 07-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: FTP: plz explain why interacct transfers r getting ppl\'s accts loc

Thank you. I PMed FTP Sean, no response.

Make a note, I have been on FTP since it first opened.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Maybe those like me that have left the site and have gone to pokerstars for stuff like this are the minority and it doesnt matter to them. i dont know.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Here's a hint: transferring money to anyone (regardless of whether they are a U.S. citizen) for the avowed purpose of staking them for sports gambling will get your account, and the account of anyone else with whom you've made transfers, locked.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a hint: transferring money to anyone (regardless of whether they are a U.S. citizen) for the avowed purpose of staking them for sports gambling will get your account, and the account of anyone else with whom you've made transfers, locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. This still wouldn't come close to explaining why some people who have never transferred with Kyle have been frozen, and converseley why several people who HAVE transferred with him have been unaffected. Let's not let this thread get off on some huge sports-betting tangent. It has nothing to do with that. (And a lot of the ridiculous legal arguments from that other thread were asinine.)
Old 07-19-2007, 05:06 PM

Id say 99.5% of all transfers done have Zero to do with sportsbetting.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 PM

I just started teaching my GF how to play and I transfered 4k into her account. I asked FT about it and they said it was cool. I have rakeback (and so should she) so they shouldn't believe I'm trying to find a loophole. The only problem is that we play from my computer. They gave me the ok, but after the FT has handled some situations, I'm a little worried though.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Its like AIDS, one person does something illegal (gets infected) and everyone else that they have transferred to in the past/present gets banned/locked (infected). It spreads like wildfire. Therefore, if you dont transfer funds to anyone, there is a very good chance that you will never have any of these problems.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its like AIDS, one person does something illegal (gets infected) and everyone else that they have transferred to in the past/present gets banned/locked (infected). It spreads like wildfire. Therefore, if you dont transfer funds to anyone, there is a very good chance that you will never have any of these problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sure helps those of us who play high stakes and can't get lots of money into (or out of!) sites without xferring it
Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 PM

the #2 reason I won't ever put money onto FTP is that there is no transparency in their behaviour.

i can understand that there are reasons to lock accounts, and so on - but their customers would be happier if they communicated better.