Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Default TPNK + Flush Draw in multiway pot - 100NL

I will usually fold pf but decided to call this time. Anyone lead the flop? As played what is the best line? Call? CR? Fold? Villain is 21/3.7/1

Depending on what flop action I should take, what is my plan for the turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $138.65
MP1: $310.25
MP2: $103.45
CO: $145.15
BTN: $220.60
SB: $82.90
Hero (BB): $98.90
UTG: $98

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3.50</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $3.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($14.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $12</font>, Hero...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: TPNK + Flush Draw in multiway pot - 100NL

Call preflop is correct. Villain is BTN? C/r to ~$40 and call a shove. Shove any turn. B/3B is also fine.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 PM

Calling here is fine IMO with effective stacks being basically full.

I think bet/3bet AI is the best line on the flop here. You will have some fold equity against overpairs, and you have a ton of outs if you get called.

Check/raising to like $40 is tough here because if he calls behind you and you miss on the turn, you are facing a tough situation in a large pot OOP.

I would bet $10-$12 with the intention of pushing if it gets raised behind me.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Yes, villain is BTN.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM

I think folding in this spot preflop is a mistake...this hand is perfect for a multiway pot. Position sucks but thats the breaks. Postflop you'll likely be ready to fold or play a big pot so you're positional disadvantage is minimized.

I'd probably lead this flop. Since its a 4way pot its a bad spot for anyone to bluff and overpairs are the only hands you're likely to see bets out of. Hate to let it get checked around. If there are a couple of aggresive players in the pot I might favor a cr, but usually I'd lead. If you get raised then 3bet all-in.

If you're called on the flop then the hand gets tricky. A blank turn means your equity has plummeted and all options suck in my opinion. Shoving has lots of fold equity as plenty of hands call you on the flop then go away on the turn. However, if you get called you're probably in bad shape. Check/call a reasonable bet is pretty weak and makes it difficult to get paid off if your flush comes. Check raise all-in on the turn might be your best option? Gets the most money out of hands you actually beat.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding in this spot preflop is a mistake...this hand is perfect for a multiway pot. Position sucks but thats the breaks. Postflop you'll likely be ready to fold or play a big pot so you're positional disadvantage is minimized.

I'd probably lead this flop. Since its a 4way pot its a bad spot for anyone to bluff and overpairs are the only hands you're likely to see bets out of. Hate to let it get checked around. If there are a couple of aggresive players in the pot I might favor a cr, but usually I'd lead. If you get raised then 3bet all-in.

If you're called on the flop then the hand gets tricky. A blank turn means your equity has plummeted and all options suck in my opinion. Shoving has lots of fold equity as plenty of hands call you on the flop then go away on the turn. However, if you get called you're probably in bad shape. Check/call a reasonable bet is pretty weak and makes it difficult to get paid off if your flush comes. Check raise all-in on the turn might be your best option? Gets the most money out of hands you actually beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice analysis, ty.