Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Wow... did you guys see this?!?!

I just saw this and it pretty much rocked my world. Really amazing stuff.
I gotta recommend everyone take a look...

web page

Love to hear you thoughts on it!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Wow... did you guys see this?!?!

[ QUOTE ]

I just saw this and it pretty much rocked my world. Really amazing stuff.
I gotta recommend everyone take a look...

web page

Love to hear you thoughts on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielso?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:08 AM

movie sucks
its like politics for idiots. i quite liked the religion stuff but considering all of its dumb and conspiracy like ruins it. I mean seriously in order to bash christianity it is not necessary to give evidence that Jesus didn't exist= not even dawkins or hitchens claim that.

as for 9/11 and the federal bank- thats just dumb [censored]

druk rant over
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
movie sucks
its like politics for idiots. i quite liked the religion stuff but considering all of its dumb and conspiracy like ruins it. I mean seriously in order to bash christianity it is not necessary to give evidence that Jesus didn't exist= not even dawkins or hitchens claim that.

as for 9/11 and the federal bank- thats just dumb [censored]

druk rant over

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitchens doesn't think that there is any evidence that Christ ever lived. When he quotes Jesus' dialog in the bible, he will often say "and the supposed Jesus of Nazareth said..."
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM

I actually thought that it was historically proven that Jesus, the man, *did* exist. His actions, beyond being your average rebel, can not be proven, though.

That reminded me of a funny clip from Family Guy.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hitchens doesn't think that there is any evidence that Christ ever lived. When he quotes Jesus' dialog in the bible, he will often say "and the supposed Jesus of Nazareth said..."

[/ QUOTE ]
I have read " God is not Great"; and he did not spend the whole book giving reasons why Jesus was made up- h gives a far more intelligent argument against religion. Dawkins has said explicitly in interviews that Jesus 'likely existed' though there is more evidence for other figures of that time.

It reminds me of 9/11 conspirators. THey would be doing are FAR better service if they acknowledged what happend and attacked the government by stating how the government took advantage of the event to execute two wars previously organised- not that the government was behind it. I think they are missing the point entirely.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have read " God is not Great"; and he did not spend the whole book giving reasons why Jesus was made up- h gives a far more intelligent argument against religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. But the fact remains that Hitchens does not think there is any compelling evidence that Christ was a real historical figure, and thinks that it is quite possible that he didn't exist at all.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought that it was historically proven that Jesus, the man, *did* exist. His actions, beyond being your average rebel, can not be proven, though.

That reminded me of a funny clip from Family Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't any direct evidence at all that a man named Jesus was executed by Pilate ~45 AD. The best that anyone can come up with is a few Romans writing stuff like "Hey, what's the deal with this Christ guy?" some years later. They could be talking about a mythological figure; none of them ever met or saw Jesus.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It reminds me of 9/11 conspirators. THey would be doing are FAR better service if they acknowledged what happend and attacked the government by stating how the government took advantage of the event to execute two wars previously organised- not that the government was behind it. I think they are missing the point entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]
They do acknowledge that point, they make note of that in this film.

Also the fed bank stuff is not really a conspiracy theory as much as it is a well known historical event. Although most people seem to think that the fed was a good thing for this country. 90 years of brainwashing imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They do acknowledge that point, they make note of that in this film.

Also the fed bank stuff is not really a conspiracy theory as much as it is a well known historical event. Although most people seem to think that the fed was a good thing for this country. 90 years of brainwashing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea that an elite group of international bankers (disproportionately JEwish) being behind every act of government aggression is again missing the point. It has been said that that that European bank is more dangerous than the federal bank as it has less 'democratic features'. Evdidently the euro bank has not been romantacized as comprising of goblins and devils hell bent on world domination so it doesn't get much interest.

Hitchens gives another example of where they miss the point;
"There are people who don’t care about Kissinger massacring people in East Timor, or overthrowing democracy in Chile, or anything of that sort. But they do believe he’s a tool of David Rockefeller, and the Trilateral Commission, and the secret world government. That used to be a big deal in California in the ’50s and ’60s with the John Birch Society."